Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: FCS Playoff Brackets

Default Re: FCS Playoff Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Geez Guys, gotta pull for the Jacks and SIU all the way. How can you not pull for the Jacks. I'll want to beat the pants off them next year, but you gotta pull for them on Saturday, especially agains the Griz (that's an easy one folks)

I don't have a problem cheering for anyone in the Valley, the exception maybe being UNI. They would have to be playing the Griz for me to cheer for them.
    Maybe??

BRING BACK SNORTY

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    MVFC had four teams in the playoffs in 2003, and three in 2006. Didn't feel like looking past that.
    True.

But you failed to mention the MVFC only had 1 team in 2004, which is what they also only had in 2001 and 2002. Getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs has only happened twice in the past decade. During the last ten years the MVFC has averaged exactly 2 teams each year over that period of time.

I still believe that if the MVFC is going to consistently get more than 2 teams into the playoffs that will happen only one of two ways; 1) when FCS exapands to a 24 team playoff or, 2) the MVFC is more competitive in the playoffs. In the past decade only two MVFC teams have made the championship game and MVFC teams have failed to make the semis in three years. No MVFC team has won the championship since W. Kentucky did in 2002.

I did the stats on all the conferences last year and while statisitcally speaking the MVFC ranks third in conferences when looking at the playoff picture (behind Southern and CAA), I think the Big Sky is getting more respect from the committee that decides the playoff teams. The BS has never had less than 2 teams in the playoffs during the past decade (MVFC has had only 1 three times in the past 10 years) and they have made the championship game four times, winning once in 2001.

So, go dogs and bunnies! Make the MVFC proud!

At least the MVFC isn't as bad as the OVC has gotten.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    True.

But you failed to mention the MVFC only had 1 team in 2004, which is what they also only had in 2001 and 2002. Getting more than 3 teams in the playoffs has only happened twice in the past decade. During the last ten years the MVFC has averaged exactly 2 teams each year over that period of time.

I still believe that if the MVFC is going to consistently get more than 2 teams into the playoffs that will happen only one of two ways; 1) when FCS exapands to a 24 team playoff or, 2) the MVFC is more competitive in the playoffs. In the past decade only two MVFC teams have made the championship game and MVFC teams have failed to make the semis in three years. No MVFC team has won the championship since W. Kentucky did in 2002.

I did the stats on all the conferences last year and while statisitcally speaking the MVFC ranks third in conferences when looking at the playoff picture (behind Southern and CAA), I think the Big Sky is getting more respect from the committee that decides the playoff teams. The BS has never had less than 2 teams in the playoffs during the past decade (MVFC has had only 1 three times in the past 10 years) and they have made the championship game four times, winning once in 2001.

So, go dogs and bunnies! Make the MVFC proud!

Ummmm.... you do remember that Western Kentucky was a member of the MVFC before NDSU and SDSU became members, right? Looks like you remembered they won the championship, but forgot they made the playoffs?

2001- UNI and WKU both in the playoffs.
    2002- WIU and WKU both in the playoffs.
    2004- SIU and WKU both in the playoffs.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved