Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pat Paschall - Future???

Default Pat Paschall - Future???

Do you think he'll go to NFL draft? Free Agent Draft?

Is he good enough to play NFL next year? backup player?

Here 3 top Division I-AA Rushing leaders.

David Sinisi
    Att YDS AVG LG TD
    280 1375 4.9 52 13

Deji Karim
    Att YDS AVG LG TD
    189 1357 7.2 93 14

Pat Paschall
    Att YDS AVG LG TD
    180 1257 7.0 91 13 (he miss 1 game this year)

Default Re: Pat Paschall - Future???

He will get a free agent try out for sure. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get a late round flyer thrown on him. If he has a good scout day he could make a little noise.

The kid has changed tremendously over the last few seasons. He really can hit the hole and go and doesn't seem to dance anymore.

I just wonder what he would have done had he not had to go against D that was expecting the run nearly every down. He played against numerous 8 and 9 man fronts this year. If our QB and WR could have kept the D honest his numbers would be even better in my opinon.

Just my .02.

Just a side. Paschall has done a great job to get the degree but the piece of paper is so much more for him. He has matured more in the last few years per the coaches. He talked at teammakers a few weeks back and he stated he has grown so much as a person. It sounded to me like he has learned a ton of life lessons and his degree is more than just the piece of paper, him working toward and learning how to overcome difficulties and actually doing it is what getting the degree has been all about. Some people go through college and get a "piece of paper" to hang on the wall, it sounds to me like Pat got a education while at NDSU and I hope it takes him far in life.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pat's speech at Team Makers was PRICELESS. I will be a fan of his for a LONG TIME. Great person who has grown up alot over the years. He has not had life handed to him, that is for sure.

Can't wait to cheer for him on Senior Day.

I think his knocks are his top end speed and lower body strength. He's proven he can take a beating, but is he physically big enough to do it in the NFL? I haven't seen him up close in person, but it seems like he might have a smaller frame. Either way, he definitely talks like he has grown, and speaks highly of everything at NDSU. Almost reminds me of a Joe Mays type that came here as a boy rough around the edges and left polished as a man.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think his knocks are his top end speed and lower body strength. He's proven he can take a beating, but is he physically big enough to do it in the NFL? I haven't seen him up close in person, but it seems like he might have a smaller frame. Either way, he definitely talks like he has grown, and speaks highly of everything at NDSU. Almost reminds me of a Joe Mays type that came here as a boy rough around the edges and left polished as a man.
    Be sure to thank the coaching staff for that....

To me...Pat is a very unique type of back. The NFL has gone toward runningbacks that are enormously strong in the legs and with a low center of gravity. Adrian Peterson would be one of the exceptions in terms of his height. I believe that Pat has the skills and athleticism, but he may not appeal to the NFL's attitude about what a prototype back is. Even Adrian Peterson's ability to transfer his skills to the NFL was questioned...and as we all know...Adrian is a new breed of athlete.

And I agree that he has improved greatly...but when I was putting together the 4-quarter edition of the 2007 MN game...I was amazed at just how many big plays Pat had. He had a nose for the first-down marker. IMO...no Pat...no win at Minnesota. He was the 'counter' to the Diesel. His style fooled a lot of defenses. And...to beat a dead horse to death...when he was injured for the last 2 or 3 games of that season...it made our offense much easier to defend.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Ever notice he seldom takes a big hit? Seems like he kind of uses the tackler's momentum to help him bounce off while keeping his legs moving down hill.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The best NFL quality skill he has developed is the slashing running style as that is the NFL style that works today. Hit the hole hard and fast slice off the blocks.

Hope the best for pat no matter what. Everything about the guy seems positive right now. Speaks volumes about a dude who takes defenders and setbacks in life in stride. Pat Pashall; MAN. (what up Jim Rome.)

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Ever notice he seldom takes a big hit? Seems like he kind of uses the tackler's momentum to help him bounce off while keeping his legs moving down hill.
    It's a good point made. And I like the reference to downhill. He almost always finds a way to get something out of a play, and rarely allows a botched play to lose a lot of yards. Downhill Pat...right on.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.