Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Open Dates

Default Re: 2010 Open Dates

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgg View Post
    I don't know anything about Wagner, but I see you beat them 59-28. That's a good number but its hardly tomato cans for target practice. I think we'll just have to disagree on this one.
    Guess Iam going to have to use an example.

How would you feel about ISU playing Coe? Simpson? Dubuque?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Guess Iam going to have to use an example.

How would you feel about ISU playing Coe? Simpson? Dubuque?
    I don't get your point. Dubuque is divison III. Are you saying the gap between NDSU and FCS Wagner is similar to the gap between the Big 12 and Divison III?

I don't get your point. Dubuque is divison III. Are you saying the gap between NDSU and FCS Wagner is similar to the gap between the Big 12 and Divison III?
    There are D2 and D3 teams IMO who could have put up a better game than Wagner did..

Hence the term tomato can.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Not to toss the smack card when it's perhaps unwarranted, but when you say "the gap between the Big 12 and Division III" do you mean Oklahoma/Texas Big XII or Iowa State Big XII? It seems to me there's a difference, at least where football programs are concerned. Basketball or wrestling, less so, but to throw ISU in with some of the most dominant programs in college football seems a bit whack. Not smack per se, just saying.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    Not to toss the smack card when it's perhaps unwarranted, but when you say "the gap between the Big 12 and Division III" do you mean Oklahoma/Texas Big XII or Iowa State Big XII? It seems to me there's a difference, at least where football programs are concerned. Basketball or wrestling, less so, but to throw ISU in with some of the most dominant programs in college football seems a bit whack. Not smack per se, just saying.
    Ok sorry, but the gap between big XII and DII or DIII is going to be big no matter what Big XII program you put out there. Imagine St. Johns or Northern State in Aberdeen, SD playing Baylor. No contest.

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Ok sorry, but the gap between big XII and DII or DIII is going to be big no matter what Big XII program you put out there. Imagine St. Johns or Northern State in Aberdeen, SD playing Baylor. No contest.
    Well, c'mon Rutland......
    Texas Tech over UND by 25.
    Sioux Falls over UND by 15.
    Therefore..........Texas Tech over Sioux Falls by 10!!!!!!
    Now that there is purty close.

Huh?..........Huh??!.........HUH!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

YEAH!!!! And Sioux Falls is NAIA. So there

Did you guys here about our 11th game next year. It sounds pretty exciting, I think they are DIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKcW0...eature=related

damn, that makes sense.

Except that the UND was Texas Tech's first opponent of the year. And everyone knows that the Texas Tech football team was forced to spend the entire offseason locked up in a dark, cramped utility closet. They were only let out 30 minutes before kickoff. They would have beat UND by 55 but their eyes were adjusting to the light for the first half.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!