Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Esley Thorton

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Esley Thorton

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Mechanics can be worked on. The important thing I think to take away from this is that he is a team leader, confident, and wants to win, and obviously knows how to win. Something we've lacked lately IMO.
    I agree. I'm not Ron Jaworski, but the kid looks very good throwing the ball and running with it to my eye. I'm not saying that he'll step right in and play, or even that he'll play quarterback for sure, but he is an outstanding football player, athlete, and student. I really encourage some of you to go see Bismarck play South in the FargoDome. Saturday at 3:00PM.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Are you thinking they'll bring in another qb in this class or just skip that position all together? I can't see Bohl missing out on a qb in this class.
    I think that he will stack that position with bodies for a while now because of what happened the last 2 years at QB. He does not want to be left short-handed again. If neither of the 3 that I mentioned earlier look to be very promising, Esley will be groomed to be a QB. I am really hoping for all 3 to be strong candidates but with one a cut above the rest. That way we can line Esley up as a ball-hawking, head-hunting safety.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I think that he will stack that position with bodies for a while now because of what happened the last 2 years at QB. He does not want to be left short-handed again. If neither of the 3 that I mentioned earlier look to be very promising, Esley will be groomed to be a QB. I am really hoping for all 3 to be strong candidates but with one a cut above the rest. That way we can line Esley up as a ball-hawking, head-hunting safety.
    Agreed....Jensen at QB and Thorton at FS for 3 years. Hopefully Thorton isn't wasted as a backup his whole career. If he's the guy, get him on the field at QB, if not, get him on the field elsewhere.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I prefer not to have players come to NDSU with youtube highlights of how they played in highschool backed by whatever current thug rapsong is out there. NDSU football to me is "bring your lunchpail and let's get to work" I think we've lost that mentality. From what I have seen on the field lately and off the field, we need to get back to work ethic IMO.
    I agree . . . the no frills lunch pail guys are going to SDSU, and look who's winning.

Whos going to watch and cheer him on Saturday night??? I'm going to both cheer for Esley to be great but I want South to win
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Whos going to watch and cheer him on Saturday night??? I'm going to both cheer for Esley to be great but I want South to win
    I'll be there. I don't really care which team wins, I just like to watch football and I love to watch future Bison!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Feeney's my neighbor, so I 'll be cheering on South. He keeps better care of his lawn when they are winning ball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    Agreed....Jensen at QB and Thorton at FS for 3 years. Hopefully Thorton isn't wasted as a backup his whole career. If he's the guy, get him on the field at QB, if not, get him on the field elsewhere.
    He has to deserve to be on the field...lets not get too ahead of ourselves. If he rides the pine, who cares as long as we are winning? He looks like he has great potential, but I'm not going to cry if he doesn't play...
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    What I like is his size, his competitiveness, and his potential leadership skills. Arm looks decent. I've heard that he loves putting a hit on people when he's playing safety. This is the kind of athlete that we want at every position. The kid flat-out knows how to win.
    I had to check the title of the thread as I thought CABisonFan was talking about Nick Mertens.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I'll be sideline for the game... I'll have a complete report afterward.