Thread: The Forum gives their two cents

Default The Forum gives their two cents

A Fargo Forum Editorial from today.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/258743/

Default Re: The Forum gives their two cents

There are 3 things that are guaranteed in this world. Death, taxes, and the UND nickname controversy.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Shawn-O Guest

Went to the doc the other day, worried about H1N1. Turns out it's just issue fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    Went to the doc the other day, worried about H1N1. Turns out it's just issue fatigue.
    Do you got the fever? Cause I heard the only cure is more cowbell.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

this was a good comment left on there, ha ha. idiots. they are screwed anyway, kept logo or not.

February 16, 1999

Dr. Kendall Baker,

President University of North Dakota

Dear Dr. Baker, I hope the New Year has brought you many successes at UND as I am certain your office has as many challenges. As Chairman of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, I have learned of some very interesting and troubling developments at your fine university. The matter I speak of is the use of the "Fighting Sioux" nickname and mascot at UND. As you know we have taken three specific actions in the recent years regarding this matter as a government representing well over 10,000 members. The purpose of this letter is to respectfully remind your office and any other entities. Directly or indirectly associated with UND of our position. It is of course very simple and very clear, "Eliminate and stop the use of the 'Fighting Sioux' nickname and caricature today

Sincerely, Charles W. Murphy,
    who is NOW the Chairman at Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
    Last edited by tony; 11-06-2009 at 05:11 PM.

Forum might as well have kept their two cents for all the good that editorial will do.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Forum might as well have kept their two cents for all the good that editorial will do.
    This, unfortunately.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Let them keep dragging it out. The longer it remains an issue, the longer the Summit Conference is sioux free. Plus I'm sure it has had a very negative effect on student enrollment. There is nothing positive to project in the way they keep fighting for something as trivial as a nickname.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA