Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Former Hitman View Post
    In our last game, I did a lot of spot shadowing of certain players during a series. During one series, I watched every move #44 had done. He's lazy and un-desciplined nor did he have the drive to make plays. He's suppose to be our bright spot. I know he didn't grade out well.

Regardless on the scheme, It's the coach's responsiblity to get his players going.
    ...stirring the pot. This should get some action...

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ScooterMN View Post
    I think it feels that way, but look at how teams are playing us. They realize we are exposed in our secondary and our linebacker play is suspect because of injuries and lack of experience. So you consistently see three step drops and quick outs or dumps. You can't get much of a pass rush on a consistent three step drop offensive set. Rarely do you see the traditional 7 step that lends itself to a pass rush.
    I've watched a lot of our games this year where the quarterback seems to sit and wait for a receiver to drag across the middle or run a nice sit down route. It may be a three step drop but it is not a quick three step. I don't feel that it has been lack of experience as other teams have picked on a secondary that has a lot of experience in two of four spots and those two spots get picked on just as much as the others. The only thing that concerns me is I don't think I have noticed any improvement as the year has gone on. I don't use the youth as a excuse because eight games into the season that youth should be showing signs of improvement and it is not. Also every team has injuries, not just us.

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
    ...stirring the pot. This should get some action...
    I dont think he is lazy just tenative because maybe he is unsure of where he needs to be on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I dont think he is lazy just tenative because maybe he is unsure of where he needs to be on the field?
    Regardless if its tenative or lazy, you go full speed every play. Again, a coach's problem on both scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Former Hitman View Post
    In our last game, I did a lot of spot shadowing of certain players during a series. During one series, I watched every move #44 had done. He's lazy and un-desciplined nor did he have the drive to make plays. He's suppose to be our bright spot. I know he didn't grade out well.

Regardless on the scheme, It's the coach's responsiblity to get his players going.
    Did you just bash Preston Evans? He has a great future with this team and is the one out of the few bright spots on our defense. The kid never gives up i always see him on the sideline trying to get the team going. A great kid that plays hard till there is no time left on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by bisontwice View Post
    Just to clarify, we have gone to more of a traditional 4-3 and not the tampa 2anymore.
    we still run the tampa 2...

Evans is a beast, he just needs to stop the "UNDERGROUND WRESTLING"! *you could PM me, and ill let you know*

dont need that beast hurt.. and yes Hitman is right, last 2 games, Evans was tentative.. maybe he is hurt..