Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison picked to finish 5th in Summit

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison picked to finish 5th in Summit

on a yearly basis there are maybe 2 or 3 and never anymore than 4 respectable teams in the Summit League. This is not a power conference. I can't see the Bison at 5 being considered a leap of faith by any stretch of the imagination. We dominated the conference last year and lost most of our starters. The cupboards are not bare. The Bison obviously will not be as good as last year and probably have no chance at beating Oakland in the tourney, but other than that it is not ridiculous to think the Bison could finish as high as 2nd if a couple key players step up. 5th is a good starting point.

Jdubs21 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

we lost like 65 points a game of offense, did u expect them to pick us 1,2 or 3?...i understand we went to the dance and deserve a little more suspect than that, but i'd rather start out lower and prove everyone wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubs21 View Post
    we lost like 65 points a game of offense, did u expect them to pick us 1,2 or 3?...i understand we went to the dance and deserve a little more suspect than that, but i'd rather start out lower and prove everyone wrong
    True that. We saw what happened when high expectations were put on football....

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    True that. We saw what happened when high expectations were put on football....
    The same thing happened with low expectations.... ala this year.

National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am anxious to see if Derrick Nelson from OU is as good as he was in 2007-2008 after sitting out last year. At 6'5 236, he either spent last year in the weight room or at KFC. You add a good Derrick Nelson to Jones, Benson and last year's squad . . . they could be a top 30-50 team in the nation. That would actually be good for the Summit.

Watch the Badgers go down hard when Oakland visits early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I am anxious to see if Derrick Nelson from OU is as good as he was in 2007-2008 after sitting out last year. At 6'5 236, he either spent last year in the weight room or at KFC. You add a good Derrick Nelson to Jones, Benson and last year's squad . . . they could be a top 30-50 team in the nation. That would actually be good for the Summit.

Watch the Badgers go down hard when Oakland visits early this year.
    Oakland is scary. Keith Benson is projected to go 30th in the draft. I'd say he is the best mid-major center out there and probably a top 5-10 center in the nation. They take on Wisco, Syracuse, Memphis, Oregon, Kansas and Michigan State... I guarantee you they WIN atleast TWO of those games, if not one more.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft

Oakland was 12-18 in 2005 when they made the dance, never say never

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    Oakland is scary. Keith Benson is projected to go 30th in the draft. I'd say he is the best mid-major center out there and probably a top 5-10 center in the nation. They take on Wisco, Syracuse, Memphis, Oregon, Kansas and Michigan State... I guarantee you they WIN atleast TWO of those games, if not one more.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2010mock_draft
    Thats a pretty impressive list of games to pick up for D1 competition. Outside of Kansas and Meechicken State, they could win the other four. Oregon will be tough due to the travel maybe more so than the competition they will be facing. I really hope they do step up and win a few - that would really be great for the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by huskon4ever View Post
    Thats a pretty impressive list of games to pick up for D1 competition. Outside of Kansas and Meechicken State, they could win the other four. Oregon will be tough due to the travel maybe more so than the competition they will be facing. I really hope they do step up and win a few - that would really be great for the Summit.
    Oregon is pretty bad again this year and Oakland beat them last year in Eugene so I dont think its too much of a stretch to think they will probably beat them again
    NDSU Van Club

Lakesbison may be an idiot, but in the end he's our idiot.

Can we pretend that Jose Mohler passes are like shooting stars, cuz I would wish for a new O coordinator.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMc34 View Post
    Oregon is pretty bad again this year and Oakland beat them last year in Eugene so I dont think its too much of a stretch to think they will probably beat them again
    I thought it was at the Palace?