Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Williams

Default Re: Marcus Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf1265 View Post
    I would like to respond to questions surrounding my son Marcus Williams and his status at NDSU.

First of all he is very excited about the opportunity to play for the Bison.
    2. He decided to go to NDSU because he was impressed with Coach Bohl and his staff.
    3. Another reason he chose NDSU is because he would love to play both football and basketball at the D1 level, and NDSU will afford him that opportunity.
    4. Marcus had a major shoulder separation the summer of his sophomore year (playing AAU Basketball), which required surgery, but we decided not to have surgery on it because the down time was too long and he was playing two varsity sports (he played with a bumb shoulder for two years). Once he decided on a college, we agreed to have the surgery done to repair the shoulder.
    5. To answer the eligibility questions, Marcus was declared academically ineligible by the national clearinghouse because his core GPA and ACT scores were not high enough (very close however, but I decided it is not worth contesting because I felt he needed the time to focus on adjusting to college). Marcus has done well academically his first semester and will be ready to compete next football season at DB for the Bison (I hope to see him play WR as well), and if he keep his grades up he will play basketball (provided Coach Bohl allows him to).
    6. God has a plan for all things and I am convinced that the academic issue needed to happen in order to keep the kid off of the field and off of the court to allow his shoulder to be repaired and allow time for him to heal, as well as adjust to college life and set a solid foundation for his education, because begining next fall he is going to be a very busy student athlete.

We truly appreciate Bisonville and all of the Bison fans and members for following Marcus' progress. I can assure you that he is very much committed to NDSU and is preparing himself for a great career as a Bison.
    Thanks for the input.....Welcome to Bisonville.....and thanks for lending us your son!

I would like to respond to questions surrounding my son Marcus Williams and his status at NDSU.

2. He decided to go to NDSU because he was impressed with Coach Bohl and his staff.
    3. Another reason he chose NDSU is because he would love to play both football and basketball at the D1 level, and NDSU will afford him that opportunity.
    4. Marcus had a major shoulder separation the summer of his sophomore year (playing AAU Basketball), which required surgery, but we decided not to have surgery on it because the down time was too long and he was playing two varsity sports (he played with a bumb shoulder for two years). Once he decided on a college, we agreed to have the surgery done to repair the shoulder.
    5. To answer the eligibility questions, Marcus was declared academically ineligible by the national clearinghouse because his core GPA and ACT scores were not high enough (very close however, but I decided it is not worth contesting because I felt he needed the time to focus on adjusting to college). Marcus has done well academically his first semester and will be ready to compete next football season at DB for the Bison (I hope to see him play WR as well), and if he keep his grades up he will play basketball (provided Coach Bohl allows him to).
    6. God has a plan for all things and I am convinced that the academic issue needed to happen in order to keep the kid off of the field and off of the court to allow his shoulder to be repaired and allow time for him to heal, as well as adjust to college life and set a solid foundation for his education, because begining next fall he is going to be a very busy student athlete.

We truly appreciate Bisonville and all of the Bison fans and members for following Marcus' progress. I can assure you that he is very much committed to NDSU and is preparing himself for a great career as a Bison.
    Thanks for the update. Feel free to post anytime, especially when us know-it-alls at Bisonville spout the usual conjecture, half truths, rumors, and general BS!

I'm just stoked to have M-Will on what is shaping up to be a very respectable squad over the next few seasons (and hopefully beyond). God knows he'd be a welcome addition to the basketball team, too.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

SWEET!!!!!!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

This is great news. I can't wait to see him play in a Bison uniform.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    He's in his mid-30s.

So why does he act like he's 20?

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybears View Post
    Send him a PM and ask.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybears View Post
    why does it matter????? shouldn't you be worrying about yourself??? we have pm's for a reason to ask personal questions so we don't have them in threads.

Yeah he might act different at times, he might say stuff that he shouldn't but he is just as excited about bison sports then anyone else here, we might not agree with everything he says but we share the same interest.
    "We All From Africa"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    why does it matter????? shouldn't you be worrying about yourself??? we have pm's for a reason to ask personal questions so we don't have them in threads.

Yeah he might act different at times, he might say stuff that he shouldn't but he is just as excited about bison sports then anyone else here, we might not agree with everything he says but we share the same interest.
    It does get old. He calls out more people on this board than anybody, he shoudl learn how to use a pm.

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Who's lakes? Great post by Big Daddy Williams....thanks for the update.