Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcus Williams

Default Re: Marcus Williams

Thanks for the info on Marcus. I'm looking forward to seeing him play the next four seasons. Glad to hear that things are working out for him.

533 In a row

Talking Re: Marcus Williams

wow - thanks for your input - sounds like a wonderful young man who's in a good spot in life!

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf1265 View Post
    I would like to respond to questions surrounding my son Marcus Williams and his status at NDSU.

First of all he is very excited about the opportunity to play for the Bison.
    2. He decided to go to NDSU because he was impressed with Coach Bohl and his staff.
    3. Another reason he chose NDSU is because he would love to play both football and basketball at the D1 level, and NDSU will afford him that opportunity.
    4. Marcus had a major shoulder separation the summer of his sophomore year (playing AAU Basketball), which required surgery, but we decided not to have surgery on it because the down time was too long and he was playing two varsity sports (he played with a bumb shoulder for two years). Once he decided on a college, we agreed to have the surgery done to repair the shoulder.
    5. To answer the eligibility questions, Marcus was declared academically ineligible by the national clearinghouse because his core GPA and ACT scores were not high enough (very close however, but I decided it is not worth contesting because I felt he needed the time to focus on adjusting to college). Marcus has done well academically his first semester and will be ready to compete next football season at DB for the Bison (I hope to see him play WR as well), and if he keep his grades up he will play basketball (provided Coach Bohl allows him to).
    6. God has a plan for all things and I am convinced that the academic issue needed to happen in order to keep the kid off of the field and off of the court to allow his shoulder to be repaired and allow time for him to heal, as well as adjust to college life and set a solid foundation for his education, because begining next fall he is going to be a very busy student athlete.

We truly appreciate Bisonville and all of the Bison fans and members for following Marcus' progress. I can assure you that he is very much committed to NDSU and is preparing himself for a great career as a Bison.
    With his father having the right priorities in life Marcus can't help but be successful at NDSU. Thanks

Thanks jwolf1265.

I'm sorry you were put in a position in which you had to address this issue but am glad that you did.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf1265 View Post
    I would like to respond to questions surrounding my son Marcus Williams and his status at NDSU.

First of all he is very excited about the opportunity to play for the Bison.
    2. He decided to go to NDSU because he was impressed with Coach Bohl and his staff.
    3. Another reason he chose NDSU is because he would love to play both football and basketball at the D1 level, and NDSU will afford him that opportunity.
    4. Marcus had a major shoulder separation the summer of his sophomore year (playing AAU Basketball), which required surgery, but we decided not to have surgery on it because the down time was too long and he was playing two varsity sports (he played with a bumb shoulder for two years). Once he decided on a college, we agreed to have the surgery done to repair the shoulder.
    5. To answer the eligibility questions, Marcus was declared academically ineligible by the national clearinghouse because his core GPA and ACT scores were not high enough (very close however, but I decided it is not worth contesting because I felt he needed the time to focus on adjusting to college). Marcus has done well academically his first semester and will be ready to compete next football season at DB for the Bison (I hope to see him play WR as well), and if he keep his grades up he will play basketball (provided Coach Bohl allows him to).
    6. God has a plan for all things and I am convinced that the academic issue needed to happen in order to keep the kid off of the field and off of the court to allow his shoulder to be repaired and allow time for him to heal, as well as adjust to college life and set a solid foundation for his education, because begining next fall he is going to be a very busy student athlete.

We truly appreciate Bisonville and all of the Bison fans and members for following Marcus' progress. I can assure you that he is very much committed to NDSU and is preparing himself for a great career as a Bison.
    Great post!! He has a huge following already. I have seen him play a few times, and it is special. Can't wait for him to dominate on the turf and the hardwood.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    BRAVO!! SEE YOU SOON BROTHER!!

dont take b'ville so seriously, there's a loose cannon every once in awhile.... but everyone has good intentions.

peace!!
    Are you kidding me? YOU are the loose cannon. The only thing you should be doing on this thread is apologizing (and you know damn well what for.)

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Are you kidding me? YOU are the loose cannon. The only thing you should be doing on this thread is apologizing (and you know damn well what for.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Kid? HAHAHAHAHA!

He's not a frat-boy?

Quote Originally Posted by bigskybears View Post
    He's not a frat-boy?
    He's in his mid-30s.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    So, unless I am missing something, what does Lakes have to apologize for in this thread........his bad grammer? Most of us are accustomed to that by now!