Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrence Samuel

Default Terrence Samuel

Reportedly offered a contract to Central Michigan for next year.

Default Re: Terrence Samuel

And I just read that in another thread, so feel free to enter your "ECHO" comments here:

ECHO......
    Geez, can we have just one year with 0 or even only 1 coach that leaves? If Samuel were to leave that would be 3 for this year! What are we averaging, something like 2.3 coaches leaving every year? I don't care what anyone says about promoting coaches to better positions elsewhere. There is just too much of it going on and its hurting the football program at NDSU.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    ECHO......
    Geez, can we have just one year with 0 or even only 1 coach that leaves? If Samuel were to leave that would be 3 for this year! What are we averaging, something like 2.3 coaches leaving every year? I don't care what anyone says about promoting coaches to better positions elsewhere. There is just too much of it going on and its hurting the football program at NDSU.
    Amen SD. I've been saying that all year. Other programs just don't turn over coaches like this, especially when they are 6-5 and 3-8.

ECHO......
    Agreed. If it were even 1 a year it could be viewed as a positive and as NDSU's success translating to getting noticed by bigger schools - at this rate it's hurting our on the field success more than its helping our national image.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe a positive aspect of this is NDSU's good reputation for turning out good coaches will continue to attract good coaches to fill the ranks.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Maybe a positive aspect of this is NDSU's good reputation for turning out good coaches will continue to attract good coaches to fill the ranks.
    dduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh.....I think you missed the point. A constant turnstile of coaches may prove NDSU can crank out great coaches, but it will decimate the chances of having consistent winning seasons and regular playoff appearances.

ECHO......
    I agree 100% with what you are saying here. But, you can't honestly think some young up and coming coach will not jump ship to division 1 and a program that is not a bottom tier team in the FBS ranks. People who haven't been around the program often don't truly understand what it means to be a bison. This why you see so many coaches leaving for the bigger stage in my honest opinion.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As I recall, current Assistant Coach, Defensive Ends, AJ Cooper played TE with the Bison. If Samuel leaves, make AJ the Wide Receivers Coach. As I understand, he has been steller in this year in recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by yippie View Post
    I agree 100% with what you are saying here. But, you can't honestly think some young up and coming coach will not jump ship to division 1 and a program that is not a bottom tier team in the FBS ranks. People who haven't been around the program often don't truly understand what it means to be a bison. This why you see so many coaches leaving for the bigger stage in my honest opinion.
    Bison football should not be a coaches development school with a graduation of 2 or 3 every year. Montana, Appy and Northern Iowa and other winning FCS programs don't have that kind of turnover. There has to be some stability. Not saying everybody has to stay year in and year out, but the current departure rate is NOT GOOD FOR BISON FOOTBALL.