Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Chapman Resigns!!!

Default Re: Chapman Resigns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 02Bison View Post
    IMHO when it comes to UND/NDSU, the jackassery goes both ways. Agree to disagree with me if you wish but let's leave it at that.
    Really?

A NDSU Grad launched a statewide witch hunt on their statewide radio show against one of UND's most popular leaders that they didn't like?

NDSU Grads in the ND legislature say things like this about UND leaders?

John Andrist sees Joseph Chapman’s resignation as president of North Dakota State University as the expected end to an overly enabled ego.

“The guy thought he was the second coming. I can understand why,” said Andrist, a Republican state senator from Crosby who sits on the Senate Higher Education Committee.

Andrist and Rep. Bob Skarphol, chairman of the Higher Education Committee, said they recognize that Chapman has been an effective leader. But both said he had to go.

“It’s so obvious that he got carried away with his own ego and thought he could do just about anything that he felt like doing,” Andrist said. “In a way, I feel sorry for him. So many people enabled him.”

Skarphol said he was planning to ask for Chapman’s resignation because of the cost overruns on the house being built for him.

“Either the man was arrogant to the extent that he did not think he was touchable, or he was incompetent. In either case, he needed to leave,” he said.
    Posters on this site write garbage about UND leaders they have never met. Calling them thieves, crooks, have no integrity, and compare them to guys like Ken Lay?

No my friend, UND has the jackassery market cornered.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Chapman Resigns!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    guess i dont really understand where youre getting at in the first sentence.

just what my gut is, is that the foundation people will feel a backlash of pitchforks and torches from donaters knowing that their money isn't going to what they were hopin for..therefore, no more cash from joe onehundredthousandaire.
    I give to the Alumni Foundation and I have never for one second been concerned about donations being misspent. I think the President's house is a huge asset to the University and so was Joe Chapman. I think he deserves whatever salary and benefits he got. If I didn't I would not continue to donate.