Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Cat Comments On The NDSU Gameday Experience

Default Re: Cap'n Cat Comments On The NDSU Gameday Experience

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Capn Cat, you pretty much saw a circus. 27 penalties, good lord.
    That is the exact thing I told my 3 year old after about the 17th penalty. I looked at her and asked her if she was glad I brought her to the circus. Man did she give me a funny look after that.

What the dome really needs is about 20 beer vendors.

To go to the concession stand and see the "Coors Light" banner posted, but not be able to buy a beer is some sort of cruel torture!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison55 View Post
    What the dome really needs is about 20 beer vendors.

To go to the concession stand and see the "Coors Light" banner posted, but not be able to buy a beer is some sort of cruel torture!

Damnned right! I saw those beer taps.....but, was disappointed back into reality.

I played in the UNI dome a couple of times, it felt more like a gymnasium with a very high ceiling. It is nicer than the Dakota Dome in Vermillion, but not as nice as the NAU dome in Flagstaff.

I have never played in the Fargodome, not sure why anyone would think "it is not a football stadium"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the trip! Hopefully next time you'll see the dome packed and full of energy as opposed to the sparsely attended funeral you were at on Saturday.
    It was bad enough at points during the game that my mom was almost able to get a little nap* in, during the game. That should NEVER happen! Good grief. There were a couple times where I thought I actually heard some crickets chirping, during the game!

*nap - in the overtired / sleepy sense of the word, not the passed out from excessive tailgating sense of the word. Not sayin, I'm just sayin....
    "We will choke their ass out, we will get our victory and we will sing the Rouser."

-Tim Brewster 10/20/2007 about 10:00am (BTN)

THE "90BISON" - In case there is ANY confusion.......

The fireworks, or BOOMS as my 4 year old calls them, were sure louder on that last TD with 2,500 people in the stands. Those blue chairs really echo...

Playing there in HS I didn't think the lighting was all that bad, it's dark in the corners and in the stands as you go up, but on the field it's all right I think.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Remove roof from dome, lighting problem solved.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Pretty sure the guy in front of me(probably early 20s) was SLEEPING! I'm fairly certain he wasn't passed out drunk, just SLEEPING.

Cap'n, it was fun meeting you and sharing a das boot with you!
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was great to meet you and your son Cap't, sorry it took me so long to get out of the bus with your beer, there were too many ladies to get around, the place was nuts inside and when I finally made it out they said you had to leave. Anyway, glad your son got some food and was able to warm up, we'll do it again in two years, I hope we get some better weather for your next trip to Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Remove roof from dome, lighting problem solved.
    failing that, fasten shiny tin panels to the rafters - lighting and dead atmosphere problem solved... er, except that they have to relocate the current lighting (six 100 watt bulbs).