Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cap'n Cat Comments On The NDSU Gameday Experience

Default Cap'n Cat Comments On The NDSU Gameday Experience

First,
    Met dozens and dozens and dozens of terrific Herd people. Not a single a-hole for miles around, except for me, probably. Fun tailgating, good food and drink, and, again, friendly, friendly people.

I was kinda belligerent in the stands, so my apologies to anyone offended by me imploring the Herd faithful not to leave at the end of the third quarter as droves of them did. Also, my constant bellowing of "God, I hate when that happens!", at every Herd miscue, likely did bruise a few NDSU fans nearby.

Re the Fargodome, guys, it ain't a football stdium, people. It's an events facility. It IS new and clean and spacious, but, in my mind, not a terrific place to see a game. It's very dark, too. Now, yes, the UNIDome is much older, yes, yes, yes, but it's a true football stadium. Hear me again, I like the Fargodome, but it just ain't a place to see a game, to me. I'd take my kids to a circus there, but......

All in all, I give the experience an 8.9 on the Cap'n Cat Football Roadtrip Fun Scale. Would have been a 9.3 had I not run into some of the Fargodome "security" fvcks who regulate every little mf'n movement you make in that place. Old retired turds with some power. Jesus.
    My postgame visit to the locker room, a tradition for all former players at UNI, home and away, was thwarted by some old Wilford Brimley-lookin'-ass, half-dead hall monitor octogenarian dork and his equally ancient female counterpart who, no doubt, is a victim of facelift malpractice, the khundt.

Good rivalry beginning! Me versus Fargodome security, not UNI v The Herd!!

Default Re: Cap'n Cat Comments On The NDSU Gameday Experience

the dome security = Frenchy Cubans!

Happy you had a good time.

It is dark in there but I do believe a major lighting upgrade is happening in the near future.

Glad you enjoyed the trip! Hopefully next time you'll see the dome packed and full of energy as opposed to the sparsely attended funeral you were at on Saturday.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Glad you had a good time. As stated earlier, new lighting should help with the darkness and a better team on our part would help with the atmosphere.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

What didn't you like to make you say it's not a football stadium? I think it is perfect for football. Seating is only a few yards from the sideline at all points. Seating on all four sides of the field. Steep enough seating that the top row doesn't feel like they are in a different area code. I have sat in many different spots in Fargodome for a football game and there is not a bad seat in the place. I guess maybe an improvemnet would be a slight turning of the seats toward the 50 yards line.

Thanks for making the trip, glad to hear you had a good time for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Happy you had a good time.

It is dark in there but I do believe a major lighting upgrade is happening in the near future.
    New lighting is included in the 2010 budget.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17481

There are some upgrades needed (lighting,field turf), but we have a great facility for FOOTBALL!

Glad you had a good time! If um not mistaken the next time you guys visit its a September game so that will help the tailgate also what's wrong the FD? I have been to several stadiums and find nothing wrong with watching a game there! If its the lighting then your ok because next year it gets a Lighting makeover!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Capn Cat, you pretty much saw a circus. 27 penalties, good lord.

I mean no offense to the facility, guys. Some of my barbs are humorus. The lighting needs to be much brighter. Maybe that's why some fans seemed dead.

Hey, it's inside! I'da hated to sit in an open air place Saturday!