Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Beat SDSU

Default Re: Mission: Beat SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    This season sucks but a win over SDSU would be huge. They are having a great year so far and they are going to be in the mix for a playoff spot. I want to ruin it for them. Let's embarrass them by taking our worst team in nearly 35 years into their house and bring home the rock. I could care less about the rest of the season. This game is it.
    Good plan Mike. We've never been physically out of a game. The stars have to line up, like theirs have the last two seasons against us. Interesting how the table has been turned.

I agree with your plan totally. We have one game left...and the rest are scrimmages to give the young guys experience for next year. It's the only game where the outcome really matters.

Underdog at SDSU. Now there is an oxymoron.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Yep, this one's going to be a dogfight.

As we all know, records mean squat come saturday of NDSU vs. SDSU.

I hope the 'rabbit D can contain Paschall.

After 3 weeks of away games, I'm ready to be back in CAS. I NEED to be back in CAS!
    Amen to that. We could be undefeated and have beaten Cal Poly by 50 pts, and the Bison not scored a touchdown yet this season and it still would be a tight game. Both teams are going to be UP for this game and ready to rumble. Its going to be a GREAT DAY at CAS.
    Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by VanClubPres View Post
    I agree, it sucks, but what else do we have right now.

We win the stupid rock, win out the season, and things do not look so bad. I know if we win out, a SHSU win and a ISU red win puts us in play off contention, but we lost those games, and three others like it. We have to win out, and kicks a rabbit in the groin.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    No offence Mike, but this thread makes me sick.

We are now reduced to the mindset that SDSU usually had about us.

The role of spoiler is disgusting.
    SHEESH 1 and 5 and all the talk is Division II. Glory Days by Springsteen has nothing on NDSU. SDSU thinks you have a good football team. Saturday will be a great day for football. It would be great if your fans would back your players for a change.

throw the records out... this game is going to be a battle like always

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    This season sucks but a win over SDSU would be huge. They are having a great year so far and they are going to be in the mix for a playoff spot. I want to ruin it for them. Let's embarrass them by taking our worst team in nearly 35 years into their house and bring home the rock. I could care less about the rest of the season. This game is it.
    It would salvage the season. Who knows? If we can beat the Bunnies, we could go on a run and finish 5-5 or even 6-5. The toughest game on the schedule after that is Western Illinois. I'd like to think we can take care of Missouri State and Youngstown at home. That would make us all feel a lot better. Improvement is what we need to be looking for to gain momentum for next year. Then we could end they year like this...

6-5
    4-3 in conference play
    A win over a ranked team on the road
    Played UNI/SIU competitively.
    Lost a close game to a FBS team.
    Momentum gained for next year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    It would salvage the season. Who knows? If we can beat the Bunnies, we could go on a run and finish 5-5 or even 6-5. The toughest game on the schedule after that is Western Illinois. I'd like to think we can take care of Missouri State and Youngstown at home. That would make us all feel a lot better. Improvement is what we need to be looking for to gain momentum for next year. Then we could end they year like this...

6-5
    4-3 in conference play
    That would be a hell of way to salvage the season.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

A win this week would be great! I also think it would gain the team a great amount of confidence heading into the late season.
    THE North Dakota State University

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

6-5
    4-3 in conference play
    As long as this type of record gives everybody a warm and fuzzy feeling ?? , I personally find this totally unacceptable. This is NDSU Bison Football we are talking about here, maybe some teams would consider this as a succesful season, Bison supporters should never consider this acceptable. I know where you are coming from Gabe, and I would like to see these guys go out as winners. The drums are beating, and if this type of season repeats next year, somebody needs to be shown the door.
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    As long as this type of record gives everybody a warm and fuzzy feeling ?? , I personally find this totally unacceptable. This is NDSU Bison Football we are talking about here, maybe some teams would consider this as a succesful season, Bison supporters should never consider this acceptable. I know where you are coming from Gabe, and I would like to see these guys go out as winners. The drums are beating, and if this type of season repeats next year, somebody needs to be shown the door.
    For this year, that would be considered a success given the fact that we're 1-5. But overall, I agree, it would be a failure. Standards are high here and nobody will ever be content unless we go and make the playoffs and contend. Since the playoffs are not a possibility, we need to set other goals and that should be to finish .500 or higher, beat SDSU, and gain momentum for next year. And yes, if we see this type of garbage net year, we need to explore our options because 3 years in a row in not an abberation- it's a trend.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Its Bunny Week Get Those Pesky Rabbits
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB