Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Thumbs down to the students!

Default Re: Thumbs down to the students!

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    I'm not looking for an arguement here, just a clarification. Why don't you care? Wouldn't you rather see the student section full every single game from now until eternity than what we had vs. UNI? That's all some posters on this thread are trying to say, "how can we make this venue more attractive/convienient for students", since it obviously isn't THE place to be with a 1-5 record.

What I've gathered from your take on this topic is that you don't care if any fans show up for games or not (no excuses, no blaming, right?), and if anyone has a solution for the problem, they should take action instead of talking about it. I respect your "a little less talk, a lot more action attitude", but jeesh, this is a BLOGsite. Talk is all that's done here.

How do you propose we solve the waining student attendance problem?
    Yes clarification is needed---

Yes I would love to see a full student section every game but I understand that life and school can get real busy. So if a person chooses to NOT attend a game for whatever reason I dont care and wont make a beef about it like some who consider those that dont drop everything and attend every game to not be a true fan.
    I remember talking to a a very attractive girl that was in one of my classes. I asked her if she was going to the game that weekend. She replied that she was in school to get an education and didnt have time for such things with work etc etc.. At the time I thought it was pretty strange but now I understand her focus.
    Some cannot fathom the idea of not going to every game. I understand that also because everyones priorities are different.

As far as the wanning student problem I think the students who are so passionate about it should put a plan together to get their fellow students to the game. This is YOUR team and these are your fellow students.
    I dont think college age students need to be cajoled in to going to a football game. For some to blame it on a lack of marketing is Bullshit. If Word of mouth of 50 cent tap beers can spread like wildfire through a campus why cant the student body channel that in to supporting your team.
    If the situation bothers you enough --do something about it. Thats part of the learning-college process. Who knows if you put a well thought out presentation together and present it in a factual constructive manner to the right people you just may get ticket distribution at the union. But remember the first two games the student section was sold out so its going to be a hard sell to say the current system is at fault for the poor showing for this past weekend.

But its a fact that a 1-5 record will change peoples plans. Remember that it is suppoosed to be entertainment. The last two years empty seats could have been found at Michigan. 3 years ago Notre Dame had the same problem. NDSU is not immune to the fact that losing = poor attendence.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Yes I would love to see a full student section every game but I understand that life and school can get real busy. So if a person chooses to NOT attend a game for whatever reason I dont care and wont make a beef about it like some who consider those that dont drop everything and attend every game to not be a true fan.
    I remember talking to a a very attractive girl that was in one of my classes. I asked her if she was going to the game that weekend. She replied that she was in school to get an education and didnt have time for such things with work etc etc.. At the time I thought it was pretty strange but now I understand her focus.
    Some cannot fathom the idea of not going to every game. I understand that also because everyones priorities are different.

As far as the wanning student problem I think the students who are so passionate about it should put a plan together to get their fellow students to the game. This is YOUR team and these are your fellow students.
    I dont think college age students need to be cajoled in to going to a football game. For some to blame it on a lack of marketing is Bullshit. If Word of mouth of 50 cent tap beers can spread like wildfire through a campus why cant the student body channel that in to supporting your team.
    If the situation bothers you enough --do something about it. Thats part of the learning-college process. Who knows if you put a well thought out presentation together and present it in a factual constructive manner to the right people you just may get ticket distribution at the union. But remember the first two games the student section was sold out so its going to be a hard sell to say the current system is at fault for the poor showing for this past weekend.

But its a fact that a 1-5 record will change peoples plans. Remember that it is suppoosed to be entertainment. The last two years empty seats could have been found at Michigan. 3 years ago Notre Dame had the same problem. NDSU is not immune to the fact that losing = poor attendence.
    Great post.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great point. Students should do their part. However, more marketing couldn't hurt, for students anc other casual fans.
    Thanks PL
    Go Bison.

someone say fifty cent taps?

Be like us and buy a cheap ticket and move into the student section- where the seats are pretty good. I think the students by the sidelines are the best fans- hands down (thats why we always try to be on this side). The opposing teams are affected by them.

Does anyone know if the game stopped selling tickets. I have not heard of anyone that could not get into the game.

This is not a new problem and don't think this will end soon. I can't remember a year that there aren't a boat load of missing students. We know that the first two games are full and homecoming is a sell out for students. I think if you looked back at past years you can see which week the students show up. There are always two- three games that the students for some reason aren't coming. So I would limit the student section during those times. Sell less student tickets and open the upper sections to walkup or reserved seating.

BIGTIME is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

This is one of the most on point postings I have seen ia a while. Losing = poor attendance. Period. To some students, sports is not the pinnacle of the college experience. I have heard those students exist.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Give me a break. Some people have a life outside of NDSU football. If the team is winning, the dome will sell out. If they are losing, the spectators will clean up the yard, winterize the lake cabin, clean out the garage, go hunting, etc. There are a ton of things to do besides watch a loosing football team get crushed week after week. You should get the picture, but obviously you don't.

There are probably about 1000 "true Bison fans" in the state. The rest are just spectators. Get used to it.
    Your attitude is exactly the reason why big time college football and/or basketball could never exist in Fargo, ND. It has nothing to do with the size of the market. It is this shitty attitude that will prevent NDSU from ever having enough fans or support to compete at the next level. The program needs support whether they are winning or losing.

Iowa- 70169 (2008), 70585 (2007), 70585 (2006), 70585 (2005)
    Kansas- 50907 (2008), 46784 (2007), 44136 (2006), 43675 (2005)
    Iowa St.- 47429 (2008), 49462 (2007), 46171 (2006), 46705 (2005)
    Kansas St.- 45190 (2008), 47383 (2007), 46693 (2006), 45961 (2005)

Win or Lose these fans come out to support their team.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Your attitude is exactly the reason why big time college football and/or basketball could never exist in Fargo, ND. It has nothing to do with the size of the market. It is this shitty attitude that will prevent NDSU from ever having enough fans or support to compete at the next level. The program needs support whether they are winning or losing.

Iowa- 70169 (2008), 70585 (2007), 70585 (2006), 70585 (2005)
    Kansas- 50907 (2008), 46784 (2007), 44136 (2006), 43675 (2005)
    Iowa St.- 47429 (2008), 49462 (2007), 46171 (2006), 46705 (2005)
    Kansas St.- 45190 (2008), 47383 (2007), 46693 (2006), 45961 (2005)

Win or Lose these fans come out to support their team.
    We aren't even competing at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread, but I would just like to say that I decided to go to the UNI game, and I was there. I made a very wise decision, because I met this really cute girl at the game who stood next to me. She goes to MSUM, but she was cheering the Bison all the way. She knows a TON about football (a rarity for a female), and I had a lot of fun with her. (Hopefully she'll call me back soon )
    Seriously man- this is NOT a singles blog/thread/site. you have to get a life- or at least go down to the Flying J and pay the money and get laid. And spare us all- no one cares about your lack of companionship-dont come back and tell us about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhp330 View Post
    Seriously man- this is NOT a singles blog/thread/site. you have to get a life- or at least go down to the Flying J and pay the money and get laid. And spare us all- no one cares about your lack of companionship-dont come back and tell us about it.
    unnecessary.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.