Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bright spots in ISU game (without personal attacks)

Default bright spots in ISU game (without personal attacks)

The game was embarrassing. For those of you that took the half an hour to read my last post; my conviction about who should be playing quarterback is cemented. Mertins is the equivalent of a 30 year-old with erectile dysfunction, everything should work but for some reason when its game time there is just something lacking. Other than the long pass and being able to not fuck up the offense on the last two drives, Mertins didn't do anything. The two encouraging parts of Saturday's contest was that Gary Williams FINALLY transferred his speed to helping out the team and Matt Voigtlander asserted himself as a main weapon of the offense. If anything the performances of number 85 and 23 will give UNI something else to have to scheme for when they face the juggernaut offence of the NDSU Pat Pashall's next week.

Default Re: bright spots in ISU game (without personal attacks)

there was no bright spots.

im convinced with me at qb, sav and sd split wide with trans am & hando in the slots, with no practice whatsoever, we could pass for over 300 yards and 3 td's....in 1 half

Voitlander has always been poised to be a game changer. They just haven't used him to his potential. He's going to be another Steffes-like work horse. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the #1 back next year.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    there was no bright spots.

im convinced with me at qb, sav and sd split wide with trans am & hando in the slots, with no practice whatsoever, we could pass for over 300 yards and 3 td's....in 1 half
    after we have a few drinks from das boot as well
    "We All From Africa"

see my thread about bright spots, all is not lost.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    That lineup would strike fear into any mvfc secondary though

Bright spots? Youth, and Pat Paschall. I hope to god the experience the underclassmen are getting this year lights a fire under each one of their asses!

Preston Evans, Preston Evans, Preston Evans. He reminds me of Joe Mays, he is going 110% on every play and is really turning into a leader.

Ojuri, I wish Bohl could recruit QBs and WRs like he can at running back.

Paschall, what can you say, the guy is the complete package.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    That lineup would strike fear into any mvfc secondary though

Bright spots? Youth, and Pat Paschall. I hope to god the experience the underclassmen are getting this year lights a fire under each one of their asses!
    agree.....youth!!!!!
    "We All From Africa"

Bright Spots...

Preston Evans, like everyone has said, kid is a flat out stud, too bad we don't have 10 more guys like him on D.

Paschall, but when does he not impress?

Ojuri, his TD run looked effortless, but, I wish the redshirt was still on him!

Voightlander, and this guy is the reason I wish the redshirt was still on Ojuri, the guy is maybe the most underutilized talent on the team, he reminds me so much of Steffes and the way he ran, and we all know what he did.

Gary Williams...one huge catch...good to see...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Voitlander has always been poised to be a game changer. They just haven't used him to his potential. He's going to be another Steffes-like work horse. I wouldn't be surprised if he is the #1 back next year.
    Ultimately I'd like to see DJ's speed give him an advantage in the defense, and him putting up good enough numbers to stay there. He'd be a real helper in the depth department in our LBs, and that would pave the way for a Voit-Ojuri-Sigers 3-headed monster at RB.