Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guys, I can't take this anymore.

Default Guys, I can't take this anymore.

Seriously, for my personal mental health, I cannot take following this football team anymore. I will try to explain myself. I know most of you will take this as me being a bandwagon fan, but there are some things you must know about me before you make that judgment.

First of all, I don't have many things in this world. I live meagerly, I have a small family who cares about me, but I am a quite lonely person. I have no girlfriend, I don't have really any close friends, I can't socialize with people very well. All I really have in life to keep me sane is my art and sports (Vikings and anything Bison, namely). When one of these two important things in my life starts to abuse me, I have to walk away from it. If I get comments from a bunch of people that my artwork is no good, I get away from it for a while and refomulate my thoughts. Same thing with sports. I cannot let this team control much of my life, especially when they are letting me down like this.

I personally gave thousands of hours of my time for free to this team from 2003 through 2005. I am a Bison. For real. My face was in the game program for a while. All the great players you remember from the transition - I was for the most part friends with them. It's like an old friend has stabbed me in the back. I have to walk away for a while for my own sanity.

I will still be posting here on Bisonville, and I will be religiously following the volleyball and basketball teams. I will be there centre court for b-ball games yelling and sweating like always. I know this is a rebuilding year for basketball too, but I can accept basketball being bad for a while, because 1) There is not the deep tradition in basketball like there is for football and 2) The basketball team has already accomplished more in DI than the football team has. Even if we're down by 20 to Oakland this winter, I can just think back to the Kansas game last March, or the Woody buzzer beater to send us into the Dance. I also really believe that the basketball team will get better from a certain point. Football however, is just getting worse.

I feel like it would be better for me to just distance myself from football instead stay frustrated and post lots of negative things about the football team I love. I really don't have next season to look forward to, because I'll be living in Toronto next year, and even though I could still follow them online, there's nobody in Toronto who understands NCAA athletics and who I could celebrate good times with.

I hope you can all understand why I need to do this. This season of Bison football is akin to a great civil rights leader being assassinated, or something else once great fading away. I will just have to walk away from this for now.

I'm sorry.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Default Re: Guys, I can't take this anymore.

Meh ill still be at every game. I think there wont be such a gutwrenching feeling once were 2-9. :P
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

too long, didn't read.

just drink.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Seriously, for my personal mental health, I cannot take following this football team anymore. I will try to explain myself. I know most of you will take this as me being a bandwagon fan, but there are some things you must know about me before you make that judgment.

First of all, I don't have many things in this world. I live meagerly, I have a small family who cares about me, but I am a quite lonely person. I have no girlfriend, I don't have really any close friends, I can't socialize with people very well. All I really have in life to keep me sane is my art and sports (Vikings and anything Bison, namely). When one of these two important things in my life starts to abuse me, I have to walk away from it. If I get comments from a bunch of people that my artwork is no good, I get away from it for a while and refomulate my thoughts. Same thing with sports. I cannot let this team control much of my life, especially when they are letting me down like this.

I personally gave thousands of hours of my time for free to this team from 2003 through 2005. I am a Bison. For real. My face was in the game program for a while. All the great players you remember from the transition - I was for the most part friends with them. It's like an old friend has stabbed me in the back. I have to walk away for a while for my own sanity.

I will still be posting here on Bisonville, and I will be religiously following the volleyball and basketball teams. I will be there centre court for b-ball games yelling and sweating like always. I know this is a rebuilding year for basketball too, but I can accept basketball being bad for a while, because 1) There is not the deep tradition in basketball like there is for football and 2) The basketball team has already accomplished more in DI than the football team has. Even if we're down by 20 to Oakland this winter, I can just think back to the Kansas game last March, or the Woody buzzer beater to send us into the Dance. I also really believe that the basketball team will get better from a certain point. Football however, is just getting worse.

I feel like it would be better for me to just distance myself from football instead stay frustrated and post lots of negative things about the football team I love. I really don't have next season to look forward to, because I'll be living in Toronto next year, and even though I could still follow them online, there's nobody in Toronto who understands NCAA athletics and who I could celebrate good times with.

I hope you can all understand why I need to do this. This season of Bison football is akin to a great civil rights leader being assassinated, or something else once great fading away. I will just have to walk away from this for now.

I'm sorry.
    Keep your head up man, it's just a game. And like you said, we still have volleyball.

BRING BACK SNORTY

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hey TB, shake it off brother, the sun will still rise in the east tomorrow. Oh yeah, and follow Kevin's advise, that can't hurt either. Your hangover tomorrow will take attention away from the BS you watch this afternoon.

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you don't help at http://www.prairie-stjohns.com, please, get help somewhere.

(just kidding)
    Last edited by Bison_Pride; 10-03-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    If you don't help help at http://www.prairie-stjohns.com, please, get help somewhere.

(just kidding)

Probably should work out some sort of commission for NDSU. Probably pay for new turf by the end of the season.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post

I'm sorry.
    Don't be sorry. I can understand where you are coming from. It makes perfect sense to me. Sometimes it is possible to invest so much in someone or something and not get back what is needed in return that it is only wise at times to step back and pause a bit. It's the mentally wise thing to do. Let's hope hoops season works out better for you. I look forward to your posts. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by siouxdgj View Post
    Don't be sorry. I can understand where you are coming from. It makes perfect sense to me. Sometimes it is possible to invest so much in someone or something and not get back what is needed in return that it is only wise at times to step back and pause a bit. It's the mentally wise thing to do. Let's hope hoops season works out better for you. I look forward to your posts. Hang in there.
    Thanks for understanding. You're one of the good Sioux fans.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I'm in the same boat, Bisonator. (also posted about it in a different thread) I learned a while back that if something is making your life miserable and it's not in your power to change it, then it's normally the best for your mental health just to walk away. I'll still watch the games because I'm recording them, but I'm only going to be doing that because I hate leaving a project incomplete. I'll probably be paying attention to other games and just letting the computer do its work. My emotional attachment is gone.