Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Sold Out?

Default Re: Homecoming Sold Out?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder_Struck View Post
    They should sell as many SRO tickets as the fire code will allow. If they can put 28,000 in there for a concert that would make for alot of SRO tickets.
    I thought I remember seeing that SRO is only about 100 people per corner or 400 total.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Announced attendance at games is actually the number of people who show up into the stadium. NDSU does not count attendance as tickets distributed. We're not a southern NHL franchise.
    That simply can't be true.

Anybody help me here?

I always thought (maybe I assumed) that attendance was tickets sold and distributed for the game, not counted at the door.

I have been to a couple of games where announced was 18,000+ and if there were 15,000 there, I would be surprised.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post

Anybody help me here?

I always thought (maybe I assumed) that attendance was tickets sold and distributed for the game, not counted at the door.

I have been to a couple of games where announced was 18,000+ and if there were 15,000 there, I would be surprised.
    Nope, I think he's right. I think it's called a turnstile count. They only count the number of people in actual attendance. I think back in the day attendance was taken by looking at the crowd and saying, "Looks about like 16,200" but I think since we've went D-1 they went to the more accurate count.

Update: NCAA Football Attendance Rule for Division 1 Institutions.

20.9.6.3.1 Counting Attendance. For purposes of computing attendance figures an individual may be counted if any one of the following conditions applies:

"(a) Attendees are issued tickets that are collected upon admission to the game and retained;

"(b) Attendees enter through and are counted by a turnstile accuracy of the count on a per-game basis; or

"(c) Attendees enter through a gate at which a representative of the department of athletics counts them individually with a manual counter, and the representative provides a written statement verifying the accuracy of the count on a per-game basis.

"20.9.6.3.2 Certified Audit. In meeting the football-attendance requirements of Division I-A, an institution must undertake an annual certified audit verifying its football attendance. The audit must be conducted by an outside auditing firm. The audited football paid-attendance figures must be received in the NCAA national office not later than the February 15 following the completion of the football season and NCAA national office staff shall verify compliance with all I-A attendance requirements. The certified audit and materials (including the ticket manifest) must be available for inspection for a four-year period.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post

Anybody help me here?

Indiana State last year was a perfect example of this as it was hunting opener. That place was EMPTY last year, but still was announced at 16,211.

Sam Houston State listed their attendance for our game down there at over 8000! LOL Three thousand maybe.

533 In a row

My understanding was that it was tickets SOLD. It cannot be actual people attending, unless they're dressed up as blue seats.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Sam Houston State listed their attendance for our game down there at over 8000! LOL Three thousand maybe.
    I don't know, maybe they do use an asses in seat count down there. there were some pretty husky people down there; maybe they count for 2 or 3 in the AIS stats.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

why cant there be like a "RUSH" ticket like the WILD use.

if someone isn't in there seat by end of 1st quarter, the students or whoever could purchase the "RUSH" ticket and thereby print out a new seat voucher and they take that seat, then if the seat holder comes back you wander the stadium. just have 3-4 mass comm kids do this. easy as pie
    THE BASKETBALL TRADITION STARTS NOW

Sheeit, if he game is sold out already, who's gonna find a ticket for The Cap'n???? Was planning on bringing Commander Cat and Corporal Cat, too.

I just talked to someone that called the ticket office to purchase 6 tickets and they were told it was all sold out. It is a shame that they get turned down yet we will see many empty seats tomorrow!