Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSIC to go to 16 teams?

Default Re: NSIC to go to 16 teams?

It's too bad UND moved up to D1 and just beat the moratorium. That program would be in it's element now and they could easily have wound up in the NSIC after the NCC broke up. It's just a damned shame that UND isn't in the NSIC. I'd be laughing my @$$ off.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Just like how all of the Sioux fans are laughing their @$$ off right now that they received votes in the football coaches poll this week and the bison did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamar who View Post
    Just like how all of the Sioux fans are laughing their @$$ off right now that they received votes in the football coaches poll this week and the bison did not.
    und's played 2 games, are happy about a 38-13 pummeling from Texas Tech and beat a terrible Northwestern St. team... when they lose to Stephen F. Austin they'll be put in their place

Honestly, to me, the NCC should have all moved up together. Just like the DAC should have all moved up, DSU will move up eventually.

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Honestly, to me, the NCC should have all moved up together. Just like the DAC should have all moved up, DSU will move up eventually.
    If the NSIC goes to 16 teams, that will probably be as far as they go. Schools like DSU will only be able to move up if what's left of the DAC moves as a unit and adds enough schools to form a legitimate conference.

Any moves are dependent on conference affiliation. Just like D-1 and those who dawdle tend to get the shaft unless they are lucky. I don't see a rosy future for the remainder of the DAC. Too few schools. Geographically isolated. Budgets that won't support travel all over the map.

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    und's played 2 games, are happy about a 38-13 pummeling from Texas Tech and beat a terrible Northwestern St. team... when they lose to Stephen F. Austin they'll be put in their place
    what about the Central Akrkansas game that one could be fun
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    If the NSIC goes to 16 teams, that will probably be as far as they go. Schools like DSU will only be able to move up if what's left of the DAC moves as a unit and adds enough schools to form a legitimate conference.

Any moves are dependent on conference affiliation. Just like D-1 and those who dawdle tend to get the shaft unless they are lucky. I don't see a rosy future for the remainder of the DAC. Too few schools. Geographically isolated. Budgets that won't support travel all over the map.
    i could see some shifting around between the DAC and the GPAC. jamestown would be a good candidate to also go DII with their athletic prowess (better than minot states), as would dickinson. worst case scenario for some of the DAC schools (mayville, valley city specifically) drop athletics.

what would be required to transpire for MSU and VCSU to change to a JUCO? could they do that just in athletics or would the entire school have to?

Ah, the NSIC. The conference the Roger Thomas built.

Why:

1. Roger, and UND administration, would not work with NDSU in moving up, nor support any effort to move the NCC up as a group. I doing so, he sets in motion events that he loses control of.

2. Then, he takes the NCC commissioner job and desperately tries to stabilize the conference. Then, due to his own lack of vision, his old employer is forced to move up due to NDSU's success thus dooming his conference as there are not enough high quality D2 schools to replace them.

3. This sets off a massive scramble for NSIC membership for the remaining, half decent football schools like St. Cloud, Mankato, etc. The conference get bigger and bigger and contains an odd mix of some serious football schools and the Crookstons of the world.

4. Now, he is AD at a school in the NSIC that is becoming so large due to joker schools, that it is getting unmanagable.

But Roger is happy as he still gets to play Crookston......thus all is well.

My expectation was that the NCC would simply raid teams from the NSIC, and the NSIC would fill in the spaces with teams moving up. It's still kind of a mystery why this happened this way. I wonder if this is really going to be stable with 16 teams, or whether there will be a shakeup at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RodentiaX View Post
    My expectation was that the NCC would simply raid teams from the NSIC, and the NSIC would fill in the spaces with teams moving up. It's still kind of a mystery why this happened this way. I wonder if this is really going to be stable with 16 teams, or whether there will be a shakeup at some point.
    I actually ended my last post, originally, saying the Roger will now lead to the demise of the NSIC due to this very reason, however, I felt another shot at playing Crookston would be better....