Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: bohl must go (thread from 2009)

Default Re: bohl must go

I've never really understood all the disdain for Babich on this site. When you look back, the last really really good Bison team was coached and assembled by Babich (2000). Bohl coaches in the MVC, Babich coaches in the NFL. Bohl sure is friendly and upbeat on WDAY's Prime Time Sports, though!

Quote Originally Posted by bincitysioux View Post
    When you look back, the last really really good Bison team was coached and assembled by Babich (2000).
    When you look back, the last really really bad Bison team was coached and assembled by Babich (2002).

Regardless of what anyone wants, we'll still win at least 4 conference games and Coach will still be flashing the smile all over Fargo for at least a few more years, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    When you look back, the last really really bad Bison team was coached and assembled by Babich (2002).

Regardless of what anyone wants, we'll still win at least 4 conference games and Coach will still be flashing the smile all over Fargo for at least a few more years, in my opinion.
    Good post and I agree. I still don't think people know how much time Bohl spends working during the season. The guy literally has a bed in the coaches office and often spends 20 hours a day working during the season. The guy knows his x's and o's as good as any coach in the FCS and he puts forth as much time as anyone out there. I have absolute zero doubt in my mind that Coach will figure things out because he is an absolute perfectionist in his craft. Say what you want to say about the coach, but one thing you can't question is Coach Bohls work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Alright. I will bite on this one. I second this. Fire Bohl. No sh**. I hate Bohl. We have a commanding lead midway through the 3rd...what do you do...keep playing Mertens. Good job F###head. Really. This kind of thinking didn't get us in this situation. I hate Bohl. Dumba## is as dumba## does. Thus ends my drunken rant. I hate Bohl.
    WTF......Bohl goes 10-1, 2 yrs in a row now he should be gone cus he leaves Mertens in alittle longer than he should have.

OL played good last nite giving Mertens all kinds of time.....Mertens still looks down his receivers, but he is a good runner and gives the offense another dimension with that.

MV teams are going to stack the line against us.....hopefully, we can adjust.

The defense is not very good right now....they better turn it around soon.
    Last edited by BisoninNWMN; 09-21-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Good post and I agree. I still don't think people know how much time Bohl spends working during the season. The guy literally has a bed in the coaches office and often spends 20 hours a day working during the season. The guy knows his x's and o's as good as any coach in the FCS and he puts forth as much time as anyone out there. I have absolute zero doubt in my mind that Coach will figure things out because he is an absolute perfectionist in his craft. Say what you want to say about the coach, but one thing you can't question is Coach Bohls work ethic.
    I don't think anyone is questioning his work ethic. Working hard does not equal wins.

I work with several people who "work very hard", but contribute nothing of value to the company.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like Coach Bohl. But I can't argue the only facts we have.

The 10-1 seasons where with another coaches recruits. When I look at the main players on those teams they weren't recruited by Bohl or his staff. The first two seasons with all Bohl recruits. 6-5 and a 1-2 start. I see it from both sides but I think everything will play out the way it should. Lets just try and enjoy some of the good things happening this season.

I've got no doubt that Coach Bohl will turn it around and and that he is a very good coach.

NDSU needs less turnover in the coaching staff, not more. That might also help with recruit retention - must suck to see the coach who recruited you leave and then get a new coordinator on top of that. Seems like that has been happening every other year, but it's part of the peril of having a higher-profile program, I suppose (if NDSU goes FBS and has success, it'll be three times worse.)

It seems like people want it two different ways. Bohl only won because of Babich's great recruiting but Breske should be canned after three games when none of the guys playing on the team are his recruits.

Bohl's best team so far was probably the one that beat CMU by 30 and punished the Gophers - and, yeah, that did include guys like Walker and Mays who were part of Babich's last recruiting class but Walker, Mays, Jerrod Wagner, David Earl, Nate Safe and Drago were the only guys Bohl didn't recruit.

We have to give this coaching staff some time. As someone else already said, the last thing this program needs is more turnover. We just went through an overhaul with the staff, lets let these guys get some of their own recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I like Coach Bohl. But I can't argue the only facts we have.

The 10-1 seasons where with another coaches recruits. When I look at the main players on those teams they weren't recruited by Bohl or his staff. The first two seasons with all Bohl recruits. 6-5 and a 1-2 start. I see it from both sides but I think everything will play out the way it should. Lets just try and enjoy some of the good things happening this season.
    Roehl=Bohl
    Humber=Bohl
    Schommer=Bohl
    Lardinois=Bohl
    Maresh=Bohl
    Heckendorf=Bohl
    Jangula=Bohl
    Harrington=Bohl
    Buckman=Bohl
    Wurzbacker=Bohl
    Shamen=Bohl
    Fairborn=Bohl
    Gratzek=Bohl
    Richardson=Bohl
    Paschall=Bohl
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Roehl=Bohl
    Humber=Bohl
    Schommer=Bohl
    Lardinois=Bohl
    Maresh=Bohl
    Heckendorf=Bohl
    Jangula=Bohl
    Harrington=Bohl
    Buckman=Bohl
    Wurzbacker=Bohl
    Shamen=Bohl
    Fairborn=Bohl
    Gratzek=Bohl
    I was going to make this same point. But is Shamen a Bohl recruit? He's been around so long Rocky could have recruited him.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!