Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: U of M football boycotts KFAN

Default Re: U of M football boycotts KFAN

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    I'm into facts. I should've been more specific considering the makeup of this board. They hardly talk any Gophers football. Standing up for your kids is wrong? As far as promoting the program, KFAN is probably not gonna get it done. Mike Morris is the only host that has even a semblence of a clue when it comes to college football.
    PA talks to Lucia, Tubby, Anderson, and so on...do you see a trend there? They are coaches at the U who have actually accomplished something besides proving that they can run their mouth, beat up on lower teams (Except NDSU, who beat them up), and lose to Iowa by 55 at home. KFAN shouldn't have to promote the program, the program should do that by itself, and how about actually winning a meaningful game! Pretty much you are saying that KFAN needs to turn into Sid and blow a bunch smoke up your ass and say how great this team is when they are nothing above average...give me a break. You can bet your ass that if the Gophers beat Ohio St. or Penn St. they would get their due credit from KFAN, but as far as I'm concerned, a program that has gone 10-18 under their great new HC doesn't deserve more than a mention. Wins over Air Force, Syracuse, Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Montana St., Florida Atlantic, Purdue, Miami (OH), Indiana, and Illinois is hardly deserving of much more than a half hour a week.

Gotta remember that you are competing for air time with the Vikings, Wolves, Twins, and Wild....add in NFL, MLB, and NHL news, you are maybe #8 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNolesFan77 View Post
    PA talks to Lucia, Tubby, Anderson, and so on...do you see a trend there? They are coaches at the U who have actually accomplished something besides proving that they can run their mouth, beat up on lower teams (Except NDSU, who beat them up), and lose to Iowa by 55 at home. KFAN shouldn't have to promote the program, the program should do that by itself, and how about actually winning a meaningful game! Pretty much you are saying that KFAN needs to turn into Sid and blow a bunch smoke up your ass and say how great this team is when they are nothing above average...give me a break. You can bet your ass that if the Gophers beat Ohio St. or Penn St. they would get their due credit from KFAN, but as far as I'm concerned, a program that has gone 10-18 under their great new HC doesn't deserve more than a mention. Wins over Air Force, Syracuse, Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Montana St., Florida Atlantic, Purdue, Miami (OH), Indiana, and Illinois is hardly deserving of much more than a half hour a week.

Gotta remember that you are competing for air time with the Vikings, Wolves, Twins, and Wild....add in NFL, MLB, and NHL news, you are maybe #8 on the list.
    I believe that PA has a sour taste in his mouth that goes back to an interview he had with Marion Barber III just before he was drafted. MBIII was giving one word crappy answers as if to big time the local market. PA asked him how he thought Maroney was going to handle being the featured back and he pulled the "you'll have to ask him," bit. Right when MBIII hung up, PA said, "We want to thank Marion Barber for a buzz-kill of an interview." Ever since then, he has been luke warm at best towards the program. He is not negative, but he does not drink the Kool Aid like he does with the rest of the local teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    I believe that PA has a sour taste in his mouth that goes back to an interview he had with Marion Barber III just before he was drafted. MBIII was giving one word crappy answers as if to big time the local market. PA asked him how he thought Maroney was going to handle being the featured back and he pulled the "you'll have to ask him," bit. Right when MBIII hung up, PA said, "We want to thank Marion Barber for a buzz-kill of an interview." Ever since then, he has been luke warm at best towards the program. He is not negative, but he does not drink the Kool Aid like he does with the rest of the local teams.
    No offense, but you have bad interviews all of the time in radio. PA is not going to hold a grudge against the program as a whole because one player was incredibly boring on his show. He calls it like he sees it and Barber made you want to fall asleep in that interview. If you guys think KFAN is negative, you should check out radio stations in towns like Columbus where or College Station where college football is their life. Coaches get eaten alive on a regular basis there. Tim Brewster better hopes he makes it in Minnesota, otherwise he'll be back coaching Tight Ends and he won't be able to run his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    No offense, but you have bad interviews all of the time in radio. PA is not going to hold a grudge against the program as a whole because one player was incredibly boring on his show. He calls it like he sees it and Barber made you want to fall asleep in that interview. If you guys think KFAN is negative, you should check out radio stations in towns like Columbus where or College Station where college football is their life. Coaches get eaten alive on a regular basis there. Tim Brewster better hopes he makes it in Minnesota, otherwise he'll be back coaching Tight Ends and he won't be able to run his mouth.

The difference between KFAN and those stations in Columbus and so forth is that those hosts are very knowledgable and can name more than 3 players. PA struggled to name 3.

actually, what sherman and franschilla have done the past x amount of years, leave us horns fans with great entertainment!

The difference between KFAN and those stations in Columbus and so forth is that those hosts are very knowledgable and can name more than 3 players. PA struggled to name 3.
    Unless your a hardcore rube, why would you know more then 3 players with a team that loses 55 to 0 against your rival? Honestly outside of Decker, Weber, and Maresh for reasons other then football, why would you know more? Have they really done anything to put their name out there outside of being a big 3 or 4 star recruit by Timmy? We hear about all these big recruits Timmy gets and once they get there, they seem to disappear? Again, win a game that matters and then perhaps people will want to know more about your program and players. Until then, there's always Senile SID!

Why would I take offense? It is my opinion that since that particular interview there has been an obvious change in PA's enthusiasm towards said program. It wasn't that Barber was a boring interview, it was the fact that he was being a Richard for no reason.

The reason I focus on PA is that he is the most like Sid than anyone on KFAN. Dan B makes it a point to savage the Gophers for every decision they make- from Brewster comparing a non-descript Florida school to Ohio State to the Athletic Department boasting all of the "championships" that they have won referring to their underwhelming victories in those lower-tier bowl games. But as I stated earlier, PA has not been the same since that interview.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm into facts. I should've been more specific considering the makeup of this board. They hardly talk any Gophers football. Standing up for your kids is wrong? As far as promoting the program, KFAN is probably not gonna get it done. Mike Morris is the only host that has even a semblence of a clue when it comes to college football.
    I'm flattered...really, but I don't swing that way. Sorry billy.

Unless your a hardcore rube, why would you know more then 3 players with a team that loses 55 to 0 against your rival? Honestly outside of Decker, Weber, and Maresh for reasons other then football, why would you know more? Have they really done anything to put their name out there outside of being a big 3 or 4 star recruit by Timmy? We hear about all these big recruits Timmy gets and once they get there, they seem to disappear? Again, win a game that matters and then perhaps people will want to know more about your program and players. Until then, there's always Senile SID!

If you follow a team even just a little bit, shouldn't you know more than 3 players? What makes it worse is he is media so should he not have the resources to look up a roster? Tim's recruits are doing just fine. Name 1 big recruit that has disappeared other than Maresh due to injury. And..... what ever did happen to hakeem Bourne-McFarlane? The point is, recruits come and go and it is no sleight against Bohl or Brewster. It just happens. I have never claimed not to be a Gopher fan first, but i have family that have Bison ties, so they run a close 2nd.