Page 98 of 125 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Question for you---If a runner passes the line to gain then reverses field and crosses back the line to gain and is tackled is it still a first down?
    If they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 01-09-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Of they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

I knew that BUT My wife asked that question and I instantly drew a blank. Thanks
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Have a old high school friend and by North Dakota standards nearly neighbor (was my uncle and aunts down the road neighbor) that lives in Arlington apparently had frost on the windshield down there and will be getting possible snow tomorrow morning. Would have been FCS championship today.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Have a old high school friend and by North Dakota standards nearly neighbor (was my uncle and aunts down the road neighbor) that lives in Arlington apparently had frost on the windshield down there and will be getting possible snow tomorrow morning. Would have been FCS championship today.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Yes, tomorrow shaping up similar to championship game last year. Probably won’t warm up in afternoon though.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

This is correct. Also if they are pushed back by a defender but regain control again and tries to advance they don't get forward progress.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Todd Sommerfeldt
    @SommerfeldtLAX
    ·9h

Torn meniscus led to Tuesday surgery for @CaledoniaBBall star Eli King, and he has been lost for the season. What a blow to Coulee Region basketball
    Sorry to see this. Was hoping King and his Caledonia team could make the Minnesota tournament so could watch.
    Eli King is a big-time recruit as both a QB and a PG. Minnesota has offered for both sports and he has many other P5 and P6 offers.

SEC Shorts does their annual Final Report Cards short:

Will Farniok - 6’ 3” 295 - Nebraska
    Was a back-up center this season for the Cornhuskers, has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. With 2020 not counting as a year of eligibility, looks like Farniok will have 3 years of remaining eligibility. Was a 3 star prospect out of Sioux Falls Washington, South Dakota’s top prospect in 2018.

Josh Schafer
    @_JoshSchafer
    ·28m

#Badgers tight end Gabe Lloyd is in the transfer portal, a source tells @Badger247

Lloyd played in 22 games for Wisconsin, primarily making an impact on special teams. He played in one game during the 2020 season and would be a graduate transfer.
    Was a NDSU commit back in the day before flipping to Wisconsin.
    (is from Green Bay Area)
    Son of former Bison RB Doug Lloyd who played during the veer option heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Will Farniok - 6’ 3” 295 - Nebraska
    Was a back-up center this season for the Cornhuskers, has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. With 2020 not counting as a year of eligibility, looks like Farniok will have 3 years of remaining eligibility. Was a 3 star prospect out of Sioux Falls Washington, South Dakota’s top prospect in 2018.
    Farniok transfers to Tulsa - wondered if he would end up in Brookings or Vermillion, but instead he chooses to Live on Tulsa Time.