Page 94 of 125 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Looks like he’s playing for the #11 team.

And tOSU opens up the largest lead of the night 49-21 with another heroic throw by Fields
    yea baby! didnt senator jim tressel pull something like that in the polls before michigan game and lloyd carr said "that was pretty slick" lmfao the good old days...happy for LJ SR that guy is the best!

Here is my thoughts on the day...for whatever low value they have.

Notre Dame today would have done just fine against Alabama 4 or 5 years ago. Did fine in the trenches all things considered. But...Alabama is dirty in the skill positions. Tough to deal with a good running game and that sort of passing game. Easy to Ian Book is a fine QB for a regular run of the mill P5 school, but the best thing that could happen for ND is for him to graduate. He's the guy who won't fuck up too much and get you to 10 wins but he ain't a playoff QB. They fixed all the LOS problems from past years it seems like but they gotta get better at skill positions. As it stands now, defenses don't gotta defend the whole field, they could have everyone in the box and it doesn't matter because the QB wasn't any good.

Bama's offense is terrifying. By the time ND remotely adjusted it was 21-7 and the offense in South Bend is not equipped to get behind. Ohio State has a good enough offense to get in a shootout with them.

Clemson looked an awful lot like they did in the first ND/Clemson game. Got themselves lit up at the LOS and thats hard to overcome. I dont think Ohio State is 21 points better than any of the playoff teams but this seems to be a playoff theme, one team is either much better or they come in hot. Poor T Law was getting hit a lot. Kudos to Ohio State on handling their business up front. Nice to see Clemson get dunked on a bit.

I still don't think they should have let Ohio State in. They sure seem to be among the best teams in the country but...6 games man. Still chaps my ass a bit. Should've let Cincy in.

Theme seems to be in the playoff you need to be able to score points and have at least a competent defense. Not a big fan of where college football is heading, but it is what it is. Not sure we'll be seeing many defensive 24-17 type games in the high profile games anymore.
    College of Business Alumnus

Cincy losing sucked. I really wanted the g5 to have a valid argument. That loss will be mentioned for years to come.

Trey Sermon should have been the featured back all year at OSU. Master Teague is over rated and a terrible name for a human being.

Fields silenced a lot of critics tonight. OSU did in general. Bama still whoops that ass though.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

For me an example of the dumbest thing in sports is how Georgia’s kicker making the longest field goal of his career now means that Cincy was rightfully left out of the CFP. Like if the GEORGIA kicker would’ve missed the field goal, analysts and fans would be crying right now about how Cincy should’ve been let into the playoff. It’s just stupid.

In all reality the thing that should be hurting the argument for expansion/inclusion of other teams in the playoff is the fact that these semifinal games usually seem to be borderline blowouts. The argument is “If Bama’s going to do that against #4, what are they going to do against #8?” I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is. Frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    For me an example of the dumbest thing in sports is how Georgia’s kicker making the longest field goal of his career now means that Cincy was rightfully left out of the CFP. Like if the GEORGIA kicker would’ve missed the field goal, analysts and fans would be crying right now about how Cincy should’ve been let into the playoff. It’s just stupid.

In all reality the thing that should be hurting the argument for expansion/inclusion of other teams in the playoff is the fact that these semifinal games usually seem to be borderline blowouts. The argument is “If Bama’s going to do that against #4, what are they going to do against #8?” I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is. Frustrating.
    Yeah, in theory expansion should result in spreading out the 5 star recruits but the semi-final results really haven't helped out much. Honestly starting to think the playoff has hurt more than helped college football.

In 2018, AL, Clemson, and Ohio State got like 50% of the top 100 recruits in America. If you expand it to 8 teams, I'm pretty sure that would spread out the talent a bit more which looks sorely needed.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah, in theory expansion should result in spreading out the 5 star recruits but the semi-final results really haven't helped out much. Honestly starting to think the playoff has hurt more than helped college football.

In 2018, AL, Clemson, and Ohio State got like 50% of the top 100 recruits in America. If you expand it to 8 teams, I'm pretty sure that would spread out the talent a bit more which looks sorely needed.
    Recruits are rated by who recruits them not recruited because of their high rating. Because of that the top teams will always have the highest rated recruits.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Cincy losing sucked. I really wanted the g5 to have a valid argument. That loss will be mentioned for years to come.
    G5 schools usually best the P5 in these games because it's their Super Bowl and the P5 is let down not playing in a higher game. And they usually have players that opt out. And the isn't a huge gap between the top G5 schools and teams in the top 15 of P5. The biggest difference is depth.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Recruits are rated by who recruits them not recruited because of their high rating. Because of that the top teams will always have the highest rated recruits.

Right, but those guys aren't a top 100 recruit because they chose Alabama, or Ohio State, or Notre Dame. They are top 100 because everyone wants them (for whatever reason) and I'm assuming there is some scouting stuff that goes into it too.

We saw Ole Miss a few years back shoot up to recruiting top 5 classes and...lo and behold, a couple years later they were pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    G5 schools usually best the P5 in these games because it's their Super Bowl and the P5 is let down not playing in a higher game. And they usually have players that opt out. And the isn't a huge gap between the top G5 schools and teams in the top 15 of P5. The biggest difference is depth.

Doesn’t change the fact that “yeah but Cincy lost to Georgia” is going to be invoked when a g5 team makes a run at the top 4 next year.

Yet no one holds NDs 0-8 run in ny6 or cfp games against them.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

XII is where ndsu belongs.

Lardsin must go!