Page 78 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Lawrence had his head bouncing against the turf and he is out for just one play? WTF was Stig coaching?
    I wasn't quite sure if it was that initial hit that rattled him or that sleeper hold that Chase Young tried to put him in on the way down. I actually thought forearm to the neck was a more dangerous hit than the initial hit was. They could've called targeting on both if they wanted to enforce the rule to the letter since Young's hit was "forcible contact above the shoulders on a defenseless ball carrier" (since he was going to the ground in the arms of a teammate with his forward progress stopped). I'm glad they didn't though.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exciting game, but really think the officiating had too much of an effect on the outcome.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The short jerseys showing the gut need to be banned

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

I thought I read that they were. The jersey no matter how long could not be above the belt, like being chopped off or rolled up. Indy?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post

Neither Trey Lance nor Christian Watson are going to like this.
    Don't believe everything you think.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I thought I read that they were. The jersey no matter how long could not be above the belt, like being chopped off or rolled up. Indy?
    They should be but fairly low on the priority list. Can you imagine how much the officials would be vilified if they send out the top player to touch in his jersey? We hate being the fashion police!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

One would hope the coaching staff could self police?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Against MSU I saw a S ref pull down Tre Fort’s jersey down (may have just come unrolled?) then next series I saw he had it rolled back up under his pads.

Know that some of these guys like to show individualism... I'd rather they didn't though. But I'm just a lowly fan so I don't really have any say.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    How the hell is 3 steps with the ball secure not a completion? Especially when it was originally called one?
    Tie this together with the targeting call and OSU has a gripe about last night. I get that both of these by the letter of the law were probably called correctly, but it doesn't mean that it's right. So apparently they need to clean up some rules about both of these.

3 steps with complete control, that has to be a catch. Now if they would have said forward progress had stopped, different story, but that's not what they called.

There are so many rules out there now that the defense basically has to read the offenses mind before making a play. The targeting didn't look like it in real time, but what I did see on the replay is Lawrence ducked his head and turned right before the hit was to be made. If Lawrence stays in the same position before, he gets hit right in the ribs with the helmet on the side is what I thought. Since he turned and ducked his helmet gets in the way of the defenders helmet, and he gets kicked out because of it?? I get letter of the law, but that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Tie this together with the targeting call and OSU has a gripe about last night. I get that both of these by the letter of the law were probably called correctly, but it doesn't mean that it's right. So apparently they need to clean up some rules about both of these.

3 steps with complete control, that has to be a catch. Now if they would have said forward progress had stopped, different story, but that's not what they called.

There are so many rules out there now that the defense basically has to read the offenses mind before making a play. The targeting didn't look like it in real time, but what I did see on the replay is Lawrence ducked his head and turned right before the hit was to be made. If Lawrence stays in the same position before, he gets hit right in the ribs with the helmet on the side is what I thought. Since he turned and ducked his helmet gets in the way of the defenders helmet, and he gets kicked out because of it?? I get letter of the law, but that doesn't seem right.
    The OSU defender did lead with his helmet. However Lawrence ducked and turned. That is why the hit was high.

It appears defenders need to lower their target even lower. Hit Lawrence at the knees. Maybe end his pro career before it starts. Them college will have NFL rules about hitting QBs low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk