Page 47 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    Who said Liedner was a 1st Rd draft pick?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    His mother
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

So if Penn state wins the big 10 championship, are they still on the outside looking in of the playoff? Doesn't seem fair.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    So if Penn state wins the big 10 championship, are they still on the outside looking in of the playoff? Doesn't seem fair.
    It's very possible. Especially if everybody wins.

Pitt was a very bad loss and losing by 40 to Michigan didn't help.

They need to go to 8 teams. Every Conference Champion and pick 3 more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    It's very possible. Especially if everybody wins.

Pitt was a very bad loss and losing by 40 to Michigan didn't help.

They need to go to 8 teams. Every Conference Champion and pick 3 more.

That makes too much sense. Of course they would still shut the Big 12 out until they have enough teams to have a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    That makes too much sense. Of course they would still shut the Big 12 out until they have enough teams to have a championship.
    They let OU in last year
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    They let OU in last year
    I don't think they will have a problem with the big 12 in the at large format. But if they go auto bid for conference champions it will be because the big 12 conformed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't think they will have a problem with the big 12 in the at large format. But if they go auto bid for conference champions it will be because the big 12 conformed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    They could just tell the Big 12 to decide on tie breaking rules if they don't have a Championship game.

I am amazed at how the rep of the B1G has changed. Some good things are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    They could just tell the Big 12 to decide on tie breaking rules if they don't have a Championship game.

I am amazed at how the rep of the B1G has changed. Some good things are happening.

I personally think either the Big 12 gets on board with the way the other conferences are doing it and actually expands or falls apart. I don't think there will be much in the way of anything in-between. The other 4 conferences will block any move towards a system with autobids if the Big 12 has any conference format that looks different than theirs. I do think the ball is in the Big 12 conference's court if there is ever going to be a discussion about 8 playoff teams. I think it will be structure like NB stated with 5 conference champions and 3 at large. Even with tie breaking rules set up for the Big 12, I can't really see any scenario where the P5 conferences settle on letting the Big 12 have a different format. While the motivation for the Big 10 to move towards more teams and a championship was for revenue, it will end up fitting any future playoff structure. If the Big 10 can break out of their traditional mold, so can the Big 12. Otherwise, it will lead to the P4. Certainly that would be interesting with 4 superconferences split into 2 8 school divisions each. It makes for nice numbers in the end. The only problem is there are 65 schools between the P5 conferences right now, including Notre Dame. So it would make a lot more sense for the Big 12 to at least a couple more programs.

I wonder if we will ever find out what really happened with the Big 12 flat out abandoning the expansion process earlier this year.

Committee is cheering hard for Washington and Clemson. Nobody knows what will happen if one of them lose. Lets say one does, what do they do? They've said not playing a title game hurt the Big 12 two years ago. Would they put the Wisconsin/PSU winner in over Michigan? Michigan beat both. IMO I thik Michigan in would make it a more competitive field. I think they'd give Bama a tougher game than Washington, PSU, or Wisconsin. Who knows.