Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Its FB time everyone.....now talk about any games throughout the football season here FBS, FCS, D2, whichever....there are some big games already starting on opening weekend.

Started with Boise St and Oregon.

Today you got Georgia vs Oklahoma St and Alabama vs Vtech of what I can remember I'm sure there are some big games

I think 09 mentioned that North Texas was big dogs vs ball state and N. Tex came out victorious if that's the case there's a nice upset that started.

Lee is predicting Washington to upset LSU for his upset of the day.

So, discuss your College FB for 2009 here and getcha popcorn ready for this year!!!
    "We All From Africa"

Default Re: College Football Opening weekend for 2009

Being a USC fan, I am excited, yet concerned, about true freshman Matt Barkley starting the season opener. Yes, USC has tons of skill and just seems to reload, this is the first ever true freshman to start at USC. They get their opponents best shot every week and it could be a huge challenge for the new offensive coordinator.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Shawn-O Guest

Don't look now, of course Goldy has his hands full.

UM 14 SYR 20 Half

Minnesota's offense has fallen flat. At least they are finally going back to Decker big time here in the 3rd. The U is driving still down 6. I'm still confident

The U just tied it at 20 with 57 seconds left in regulation. Pretty good game. MN's offensive line is absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    The U just tied it at 20 with 57 seconds left in regulation. Pretty good game. MN's offensive line is absolutely pathetic.
    if gophers win by 23-20 paulus definitely ruined syracuse chance by forcing that ball
    "We All From Africa"

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

BYU over OU, wow.

Guess that early injury to Bradford had an impact.

I know it's early and a lot of non-conference football to be played, but that MWC is going to be pretty interesting.

BYU has Florida St. at home in 2 weeks, Utah is at Oregon in two weeks, and TCU doesn't really have many threats on their schedule, aside from conference games with Utah and BYU.

Big conferences better be hoping that all 3 teams beat up on each other...
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    BYU over OU, wow.

Guess that early injury to Bradford had an impact.

I know it's early and a lot of non-conference football to be played, but that MWC is going to be pretty interesting.

BYU has Florida St. at home in 2 weeks, Utah is at Oregon in two weeks, and TCU doesn't really have many threats on their schedule, aside from conference games with Utah and BYU.

Big conferences better be hoping that all 3 teams beat up on each other...
    Ya know, I would love to say that BYU won't get the win against FSU, but I really don't what to expect this season from FSU. Monday night will tell me a lot more...I will hold off on my prediction until Monday evening around 10:30.

The Big 10 had a horriable showing this weekend at best...Oklahoma might have seen their NC hopes go down the tubes when Bradford went out...Alabama looked pretty dang good tonight and Va. Tech still doesn't have any offense to speak of, and Cal is laying a beatdown to Maryland tonight.

how about them Washington Huskies, staying right along with LSU 17-13 LSU at the half!! GO Huskies!!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    how about them Washington Huskies, staying right along with LSU 17-13 LSU at the half!! GO Huskies!!
    TJ you get out of here

LSU fan here, that Wash QB is legit and that fresh RB that was redshirted last year due to injury is fast and very good.
    "We All From Africa"