Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

If that ball is in the end zone, that's a TD though right?? I would have to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Lmao what the fuck is wrong with you? Rooting for a 19/20 year old kid to get his knee destroyed because you don't like where he goes to school?

Jesus H. bud, maybe take a step back and reevaluate.
    Should have phrased it differently. Seeing something bad happen means nothing to me either way. Bad shit happens all the time. Blitzer should have went low though and he would have finished the game on the field.

Now go back to your HYB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Should have phrased it differently. Seeing something bad happen means nothing to me either way. Bad shit happens all the time. Blitzer should have went low though and he would have finished the game on the field.

Now go back to your HYB.

This wasnt an issue of phrasing. You specifically said you wanted to see him get hurt due to your feelings about the school he goes to.

Nice attempt at walking it back.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This wasnt an issue of phrasing. You specifically said you wanted to see him get hurt due to your feelings about the school he goes to.

Nice attempt at walking it back.
    I’m with Business on this one Northern - you made a very offensive and aggressive statement that was a bad look for this fan base. Not cool. You should seek help. Further - you should consider what you post on a social media platform that persists FOREVER. Not smart and extremely not cool. You are no friend of mine and will not be until you seek help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Correct. Steps has nothing directly to do with the NCAA catch rule. Don't confuse it with the NFL rule. Based on the NCAA rule they prefer this to play out and then make a ruling on replay. At that point they aren't necessarily confirming or reversing the call on the field. They are making a ruling. That's where it could go either way but the best way to rule on this play is in real time not slow motion. That's why I think the better call was incomplete. But I would have understood catch/fumble as well.

FWIW...the play in the Bison game should have probably let it play out and then let replay rule forward/backward. No idea how replay would have ruled on that one. In that example a game without replay would have likely been ruled forward and incomplete.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    If they called it a catch and fumble as it happened, and then use real-time replay, how the hell can they reverse what they saw live? Makes no sense. They are basically seeing the same exact thing. Now, if they used slow-motion, I could maybe see it, but on this play, all 3 scenarios yield a catch and fumble for me.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    If that ball is in the end zone, that's a TD though right?? I would have to think so.
    It should be ruled the same whether in the end zone or field of play other than obviously no catch/fumble option. That would be catch/TD. But catch or no catch should be the same in either case. If you are ruling incomplete here you would rule incomplete in the end zone too.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If they called it a catch and fumble as it happened, and then use real-time replay, how the hell can they reverse what they saw live? Makes no sense. They are basically seeing the same exact thing. Now, if they used slow-motion, I could maybe see it, but on this play, all 3 scenarios yield a catch and fumble for me.

And your judgement isn't wrong either. This was that tight. What we don't know is if the HL ruled catch/fumble because he felt it was a catch or because it was a when in doubt situation and he was deferring the call to replay. Replay will take a different approach based on that decision. The rule actually says when in doubt this is incomplete (unless you have replay then let it play out).

For those counting steps as an absolute be careful. That isn't part of the NCAA rule. It can be a factor in the decision but time is really a more key element. Slow motion helps determine if a foot was in bounds or out of bounds but on plays like this you need to focus on the real speed views.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    And your judgement isn't wrong either. This was that tight. What we don't know is if the HL ruled catch/fumble because he felt it was a catch or because it was a when in doubt situation and he was deferring the call to replay. Replay will take a different approach based on that decision. The rule actually says when in doubt this is incomplete (unless you have replay then let it play out).

For those counting steps as an absolute be careful. That isn't part of the NCAA rule. It can be a factor in the decision but time is really a more key element. Slow motion helps determine if a foot was in bounds or out of bounds but on plays like this you need to focus on the real speed views.

Do on-field officials communicate there position on a play to replay official, or is it a “blind” review?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was an official on the sideline that was in perfect position and immediately threw his beanbag signifying a catch and fumble. I really don't like that the play was reversed when there wasn't anything on the replay that says otherwise.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Do on-field officials communicate there position on a play to replay official, or is it a “blind” review?

They are all connected via O2O radios. Something like this though could go from the covering official to the referee who then communicates with the replay official on the sideline.