Page 95 of 125 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Doesn’t change the fact that “yeah but Cincy lost to Georgia” is going to be invoked when a g5 team makes a run at the top 4 next year.

Yet no one holds NDs 0-8 run in ny6 or cfp games against them.
    Bingo. Notre Dame isn’t P5 and they shouldn’t be treated as such. Fuckem.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Bingo. Notre Dame isn’t P5 and they shouldn’t be treated as such. Fuckem.
    Unfortunately, as long as the true believers keep lending their eyeballs to the process, Notre Dame will keep getting selected for games they're unqualified for.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

It is interesting ND consistently ranks in the top 10 in recruiting every year but has no 5 star recruits. In the past 8 years or so, their average recruiting ranking has been something like 10.5. They have the 6th best class this past year. No 5 stars.

They are also consistently outrecruited by Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and surprisingly Texas for example. Those programs all have 5 star recruits mixed in.

The Irish are the best of the next group after about 6 or 7 teams. You can't consistently recruit that well and not be good but you can't compete with the top 6 or 7 schools with 5 star recruits on their rosters being coached by guys who know how to use them. Texas has been exceptional for a long time. Incredible recruiting classes with either an issue with coaching or something. New coach next year so many they will have different outcomes to their seasons.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It is interesting ND consistently ranks in the top 10 in recruiting every year but has no 5 star recruits. In the past 8 years or so, their average recruiting ranking has been something like 10.5. They have the 6th best class this past year. No 5 stars.

They are also consistently outrecruited by Alabama, LSU, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and surprisingly Texas for example. Those programs all have 5 star recruits mixed in.

The Irish are the best of the next group after about 6 or 7 teams. You can't consistently recruit that well and not be good but you can't compete with the top 6 or 7 schools with 5 star recruits on their rosters being coached by guys who know how to use them. Texas has been exceptional for a long time. Incredible recruiting classes with either an issue with coaching or something. New coach next year so many they will have different outcomes to their seasons.

ND has 5 star guys. They get fewer than other blue bloods... but lol... let's not go around fabricating things.

But yeah, I'm with you mostly.

Texas will keep being Texas lol, paying $25 million in a buyout to get a clone of the guy they are paying a buyout to. Nothing says Texas like doing that. Sark will be back on the sauce by year 2.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Unfortunately, as long as the true believers keep lending their eyeballs to the process, Notre Dame will keep getting selected for games they're unqualified for.
    Who was better qualified this year to play against Alabama?

Who was better qualified to play Clemson in 2018?

I'll wait.

ND is perfectly fine. They are obviously a top ten program. They are basically Clemson pre-Watson right now.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Who was better qualified this year to play against Alabama?

Who was better qualified to play Clemson in 2018?

I'll wait.

ND is perfectly fine. They are obviously a top ten program. They are basically Clemson pre-Watson right now.
    Notre Dame doesn’t need people sticking up for them on this site... Besides, who cares? The whole system is fucked, and the only way to crown a legit FBS champ is to expand the playoff and give auto bids to conference champs and 1-3 at larges.

Anecdotally, every other year, Notre Dame starts the year over rated and ends it unrated or still overrated. They are 0-8 in NY6 games. What more is there to know? They are not in a P5 conference so they shouldn’t be considered a blue blood and given the special considerations they are given.
    Last edited by heffray; 01-03-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    ND has 5 star guys. They get fewer than other blue bloods... but lol... let's not go around fabricating things.

But yeah, I'm with you mostly.

Texas will keep being Texas lol, paying $25 million in a buyout to get a clone of the guy they are paying a buyout to. Nothing says Texas like doing that. Sark will be back on the sauce by year 2.
    Name them.

They have exactly zero five star recruits on their roster with 1 in the upcoming recruiting class. Nothing fabricated here. Sorry.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm thinking the committee might have gotten it right after everything played out. ND didn't look great but I didn't exactly see anything from TAMU that showed they would have done any better against bama. With hindsight maybe the play this year was to give Cincy a shot (even though they crapped the bed against Georgia).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I'm thinking the committee might have gotten it right after everything played out. ND didn't look great but I didn't exactly see anything from TAMU that showed they would have done any better against bama. With hindsight maybe the play this year was to give Cincy a shot (even though they crapped the bed against Georgia).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    There weren't 2 obvious choices beyond Clemson and Alabama. And once Notre Dame calmed down it was a fairly competitive game. The final result this year would probably still be an Alabama championship but a 16-game playoff would have had some exciting games. Florida doesn't have their entire receiving corp opt out. Cincinnati and Coastal can possibly get a big upset in the first round.

16 BYU at 1 Alabama
    15 Iowa at 2 Clemson
    14 Northwestern at 3 Ohio State
    13 North Carolina at 4 Notre Dame
    12 Coastal Carolina at 5 Texas A&M
    11 Indiana at 6 Oklahoma
    10 Iowa State at 7 Florida
    9 Georgia at 8 Cincinnati

I'd love to see Iowa State at Clemson and Coastal Carolina at Notre Dame in round 2. 3-16 could all be competitive teams.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The thing I think people don’t think about is that injuries to important players and a costly turnover at the most crucial time could make for some exciting upsets. Never mind the regular unforeseen upset. Things happen and that’s what the CFBPlayoff is missing. Bring in a dark horse G5 or two and see what happens. The results may not change much but the excitement level would go up for sure.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS