Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 983

Thread: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

  1. #971
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    7,068

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Question for you---If a runner passes the line to gain then reverses field and crosses back the line to gain and is tackled is it still a first down?
    If they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 01-09-2021 at 09:30 PM.

  2. #972
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    30,552

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Of they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I knew that BUT My wife asked that question and I instantly drew a blank. Thanks
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  3. #973
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Hillsboro, ND
    Posts
    8,920

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Have a old high school friend and by North Dakota standards nearly neighbor (was my uncle and aunts down the road neighbor) that lives in Arlington apparently had frost on the windshield down there and will be getting possible snow tomorrow morning. Would have been FCS championship today.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

  4. #974
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,071

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Have a old high school friend and by North Dakota standards nearly neighbor (was my uncle and aunts down the road neighbor) that lives in Arlington apparently had frost on the windshield down there and will be getting possible snow tomorrow morning. Would have been FCS championship today.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Yes, tomorrow shaping up similar to championship game last year. Probably won’t warm up in afternoon though.

  5. #975
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,251

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If they return behind the line to gain under their own volition then no but if they are pushed back then yes.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This is correct. Also if they are pushed back by a defender but regain control again and tries to advance they don't get forward progress.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  6. #976
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,749

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Todd Sommerfeldt
    @SommerfeldtLAX
    9h

    Torn meniscus led to Tuesday surgery for @CaledoniaBBall star Eli King, and he has been lost for the season. What a blow to Coulee Region basketball
    Sorry to see this. Was hoping King and his Caledonia team could make the Minnesota tournament so could watch.
    Eli King is a big-time recruit as both a QB and a PG. Minnesota has offered for both sports and he has many other P5 and P6 offers.

  7. #977
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    13,617

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    SEC Shorts does their annual Final Report Cards short:

  8. #978
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,749

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Will Farniok - 6’ 3” 295 - Nebraska
    Was a back-up center this season for the Cornhuskers, has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. With 2020 not counting as a year of eligibility, looks like Farniok will have 3 years of remaining eligibility. Was a 3 star prospect out of Sioux Falls Washington, South Dakota’s top prospect in 2018.

  9. #979
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,749

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Josh Schafer
    @_JoshSchafer
    28m

    #Badgers tight end Gabe Lloyd is in the transfer portal, a source tells @Badger247

    Lloyd played in 22 games for Wisconsin, primarily making an impact on special teams. He played in one game during the 2020 season and would be a graduate transfer.
    Was a NDSU commit back in the day before flipping to Wisconsin.
    (is from Green Bay Area)
    Son of former Bison RB Doug Lloyd who played during the veer option heyday.

  10. #980
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,749

    Default Re: College Football FBS/FCS discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Will Farniok - 6’ 3” 295 - Nebraska
    Was a back-up center this season for the Cornhuskers, has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. With 2020 not counting as a year of eligibility, looks like Farniok will have 3 years of remaining eligibility. Was a 3 star prospect out of Sioux Falls Washington, South Dakota’s top prospect in 2018.
    Farniok transfers to Tulsa - wondered if he would end up in Brookings or Vermillion, but instead he chooses to Live on Tulsa Time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •