Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UND football team dismisses linebacker

Default Re: UND football team dismisses linebacker

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    I'm sorry.......

I was quoting SS.com

1 minor
    2 alcohol related wrist injury (not a crime I guess)
    3 lawn mower incident.
    4 DUI

That's 3 offences & 1 questionable incident.
    That is some fairly reliable info. The point being, the accumulative effect of the off-the-field problems at both schools has brought us closer to a "zero tolerance" or at least "two strikes and you're out".

Quote Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
    Somebody gave you some bad information about "4 alcohol related offenses" for Frattin. Without going into too much detail, I know quite a bit about all of these cases.
    Tell us all about your other LB then - you know the one with the felony arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    I'm sorry.......

I was quoting SS.com

1 minor
    2 alcohol related wrist injury (not a crime I guess)
    3 lawn mower incident.
    4 DUI

That's 3 offences & 1 questionable incident.
    Who hasn't suffered a wrist injury while doing 12 oz. curls?

Kegstands, I was certain we already covered this.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...=12079&page=49

Shawn-O Guest

I've been consistent on this across all forums...why can't people just concern themselves with their respective school's situations. This whole mentality of trying to feel better about your situation by highlighting the problems of others is just ASININE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    I've been consistent on this across all forums...why can't people just concern themselves with their respective school's situations. This whole mentality of trying to feel better about your situation by highlighting the problems of others is just ASININE!
    I don't think its to big of a deal Shawn. I see no problem with taking a few shots at another school for losing a few players in the offseason. It happens everywhere no matter how hard a coach or program tries to prevent it. Ultimately I think we all hope that the players learn from their mistakes and move on.

Shawn-O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I don't think its to big of a deal Shawn. I see no problem with taking a few shots at another school for losing a few players in the offseason. It happens everywhere no matter how hard a coach or program tries to prevent it. Ultimately I think we all hope that the players learn from their mistakes and move on.
    Yeah I guess in the new world of D-I you have to roll with both the positive and the negative news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Tell us all about your other LB then - you know the one with the felony arrest?
    Interesting how you worded that. Felony arrest. But no felony conviction. If you knew the Stroup family you probably wouldn't be so quick to make light of the situation. There are no winners in the game you're attempting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn-O View Post
    Yeah I guess in the new world of D-I you have to roll with both the positive and the negative news.
    I don't think that. This stuff happened before the moves as well. Just now instead of being only in the Herald or Forum its on the TV and regional papers as well. Unless you ask Dan, than its only in the Forum. In Grand Forks a minor by an athlete is treated the same as a UFO in Roswell

Bah, who cares? Let UND run their own school as they see fit as long as the students at both schools are treated fairly.

For example, I see three differences in a story about a UND guy vs an NDSU guy.

First, where was the story on the first MIP?
    Second, where is the mugshot of the player in question?
    Third, where is the list of every other UND athlete that has gotten in trouble in the last two, five, or twenty years?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Bah, who cares? Let UND run their own school as they see fit as long as the students at both schools are treated fairly.

For example, I see three differences in a story about a UND guy vs an NDSU guy.

First, where was the story on the first MIP?
    Second, where is the mugshot of the player in question?
    Third, where is the list of every other UND athlete that has gotten in trouble in the last two, five, or twenty years?
    I disagree. Where was the story about Blake Sczepanski's MIP? Where was the story about Jangula's arrest in Minot? It happens at both schools, with both newspapers, with both sets of media. Has NDSU been under the microscope more than UND the last couple of years? Most likely. But that doesn't mean that a conscious decision has been made regarding the reporting of those events.