Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UND land home and home with Griz

Default UND land home and home with Griz

Default Re: UND land home and home with Griz

I believe UND will play in Montana. I also believe they'll buy out the contract before they have to make a return trip to UND. Rule #1 when dealing with home and home contracts with Montana - always have them come to your place first.

Two winnable games for the Griz. I agree though, I'll believe the tail end of the home-and-home when the Griz bus unloads the team at teh tin shed.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Shawn-O Guest

Very nice job by Faison and Co. yes?

Definitely.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Damn you follow UND sports closely. Are they your 2nd favorite team?

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I believe UND will play in Montana. I also believe they'll buy out the contract before they have to make a return trip to UND. Rule #1 when dealing with home and home contracts with Montana - always have them come to your place first.
    Or have a huge buyout clause!

Now that Montana has their $1MM+ debt taken care of, there's a much better chance they will actually return the trip. Still, I won't be holding my breath. It's a good get for Faison, but like many of his scheduling decisions, it carries a pretty big risk.

Kudos to Faison. Can't criticize that kind of scheduling work. I would assume that past history gave him an idea of what kind of buyout clause to insist on. I don't see any downside in this for UND.

I worry about about the Griz not returning the game, as their and other Big Sky schools history suggests (Montana St., Idaho St.). I would think that Faison learned his lesson from Idaho St. last season and commanded a hefty buyout clause. However I don't think North Dakota is in much of a position to be commanding much of anything from Montana. But I'm optimistic because they have been travelling a little more lately......Cal Poly last year, UC Davis this year, and I think Poly again next year.