Thread: StubHub

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default StubHub

I don't know if this should be in football or ticket exchange.

StubHub (http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-...tball-tickets/) now has NDSU Football listed on their site. Not a lot of FCS teams are listed, so this is kind of nice.

I think we should get a campaign going to make sure that StubHub and Ebay, etc... are utilized. We have way to many so called "sell-outs" with a couple of thousand empty seats and folks frustrated because tickets were not available. Even at last years SDSU game, I was able to have four friends who purchased "standing room only" tickets (who had found pretty good seats in the end zone!) come down and sit next to me on the fifty. This is unacceptable in my opinion.

I also believe that Teammakers should take an active role in this effort. There needs to be a way for people (and companies) who have tickets and can't use them to get them into the hands of fans who want to be there.

It seems like there are a lot of posters on this site who like to think we are a big-time football program. One of the first steps to being a big time football program is getting the stadium full for every game. Every seat has a butt in it.

Spread the word.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Default Re: StubHub

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    I don't know if this should be in football or ticket exchange.

StubHub (http://www.stubhub.com/north-dakota-...tball-tickets/) now has NDSU Football listed on their site. Not a lot of FCS teams are listed, so this is kind of nice.

I think we should get a campaign going to make sure that StubHub and Ebay, etc... are utilized. We have way to many so called "sell-outs" with a couple of thousand empty seats and folks frustrated because tickets were not available. Even at last years SDSU game, I was able to have four friends who purchased "standing room only" tickets (who had found pretty good seats in the end zone!) come down and sit next to me on the fifty. This is unacceptable in my opinion.

I also believe that Teammakers should take an active role in this effort. There needs to be a way for people (and companies) who have tickets and can't use them to get them into the hands of fans who want to be there.

It seems like there are a lot of posters on this site who like to think we are a big-time football program. One of the first steps to being a big time football program is getting the stadium full for every game. Every seat has a butt in it.

Spread the word.
    Is this what you are looking for??

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/ Go to the Athletics tickets tab. Scroll down to the bottom---click---Ticket Market Place. Then click football

The tickets listed are pretty much face value. So they are aliitle cheaper than ebay. It will be hard to find face value tickets for the big games.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 08-16-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: StubHub

A lot of programs offer this service.

Teammakers and the ticket office should partner up and get the word out: If you have season tickets and you aren't going to use them, turn them in and we will market them for you.

I think it would be in the best interest of the program.

Until then, let's make sure we get as many butts into the seats as we can by asking season ticket holders to give away or sell those tickets they aren't using to fans that are sure to use them.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...