Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clean up Dakotah Field Practice Field!

Default Clean up Dacotah Field Practice Field!

When you walk by Dacotah Field, the new turf looks great but why don't they spend a few bucks and clean the place up? The bleachers need some paint. It just needs some TLC. It saddens me to see the place we won 8 National Championships at just sitting there and not upkept.
    Last edited by HerdBot; 08-15-2009 at 02:37 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Default Re: Clean up Dakotah Field Practice Field!

I think you mean the old Dacotah Field!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I think you mean the old Dacotah Field!
    Can't believe I missed that one. I corrected it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Can't believe I missed that one. I corrected it.
    Shame on you thats 5 lashings!!!

NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

For your punishment gabe: grab a brush and paint those bleachers!

533 In a row

We don't need that grandstand anymore. Just demolish the thing. It's of no use to us.

Looking forward to all the neg rep.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

I have to agree with you Bisonator. With a piece of ones history you either take care of it or tear it down. It looks like the choice has been made to not keep it up so it should be torn down and the space made use of somehow. If nothing has used the bleachers for this many years, well it may be time to take them down. The demo might actually be figured into the BSA renovation, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I have to agree with you Bisonator. With a piece of ones history you either take care of it or tear it down. It looks like the choice has been made to not keep it up so it should be torn down and the space made use of somehow. If nothing has used the bleachers for this many years, well it may be time to take them down. The demo might actually be figured into the BSA renovation, I don't know.
    Thanks. I know for a fact that the only thing that grandstand has been used for since 2005 is for people to sit on the splintered benches while watching intramural games, lacrosse, cricket, etc. The underbelly of those stands are literally rotting away from lack of use. They've been locked up for years. They could just demolish the thing and build a small set of bleachers in its place. And don't get me started on the old scoreboard. Its abandonment was mentioned in a recent Bison Media Blog piece.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    I know for a fact that the only thing that grandstand has been used for since 2005 is for people to sit on the splintered benches while watching intramural games, lacrosse, cricket, etc.
    And being a makeshift shelter belt for marching band rehearsal.

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

First post here. Anyways, the space under the old bleachers at Dacotah Field are now being used as the base of operations for the campus grounds crew. They just moved in this year. That said, I agree...paint would be nice.