Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Ojuri Article

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Sam Ojuri Article

If he is still on the team, and takes a redshirt year, that is HUGE for the running back position. Hopefully he has his head on straight and is a productive student/person at NDSU. Good Luck to him. He is a great talent, in a talented backfield.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm guessing while he won't be on the team he'll still have his contact with the coaches. He takes his redshirt, gets back on the field this spring and doesn't lose anything. Not much of a punishment in my mind.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ojuri is a talented kid with great potential as a running back. He had made BIG strides on the field this spring. He appeared to be significantly bigger and stronger than last fall. He was running harder and taking a more direct path to the hole and up the field. All of these things reminded me a little of Lamar Gordon, who was also thrown into the fire at NDSU as a true freshman running back who needed to get stronger.

The reason for his suspension has not been made public, but I think we can safely assume that he now needs to make some improvements OFF the field. Good luck to him. I hope he uses this year to mature and grow as a man. If he is successful, I'll look forward to seeing him back on the field next spring.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

I figured he would transfer. I am glad to see he is taking the year and going to get things together and keep playing for the Bison.

Sometimes showing the kids the "right" path is more important than cutting them loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I'm guessing while he won't be on the team he'll still have his contact with the coaches. He takes his redshirt, gets back on the field this spring and doesn't lose anything. Not much of a punishment in my mind.
    If these types of circumstances cause an athlete to spend an additional year in the program, how is his scholarship affected?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    If these types of circumstances cause an athlete to spend an additional year in the program, how is his scholarship affected?
    All depends on how Bohl handles it. Was he on partial or full ride? He could pull his schollies if he wanted and he would have to apply for grants etc to pay the year himself and earn his schollie back. But Im sure that was between the two of them.
    IMO it would be doubt full that Bohl would have him on a free ride for a year considering the circumstanses.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He was on a full ride, and didn't redshirt, so I wouldn't be shocked if he kept his scholarship and used next year as a "redshirt" type year to get things straight. I think he has a good future with us.

Quote Originally Posted by lakesbison View Post
    road... err CAPTIAN OBVIOUS. hit your needle, its a broken record.
    Site your sources. APA format would have been acceptable but for a history education major such as myself, Chicago style would have been my choice.

If he gets back on track and joins the all the better.
    THE MARCH IS ON!!

FIRETRUCKS? WE DON"T NEED NO STINKING FIRETRUCKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Bison View Post
    If he gets back on track and joins the all the better.

Agreed, I liked what little I saw from him. Hopefully it was something stupid, as I suspect if it had been something really horrible he would be gone.

good luck Sam, get it cleared up and have a great career for the Bison!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant