Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bisonville Mobile Edition

Default Re: Bisonville Mobile Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Bisonville works great on my Driod 2.
    Mine 2......

I guess I need to upgrade my blackberry. It works, just not very well

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have a Droid 2 as well, while it loads just fine, I find it annoying to have to zoom in all the time to see each individual post, etc.

What I would love to see done with bisonville is to have a mobile app made for the site. It wouldn't be too hard with this v-bulletin add on - http://www.tapatalk.com/.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: As a forum owner you are free to activate Tapatalk in your forum, and you are free to remove/deactivate it anytime you want to.

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.6.x/3.7.x/3.8.x/4.x, xenForo 1.0.X, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.11+/2.x are supported. You can also look for other forum system plugin developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API at our Developer Support forums
    Once this is enabled on the site, people would have to download the app from their phone's respective app stores. The only problem is that this app costs money for us to download, but I would gladly download this just to have an easy way to access bisonville.

Would this be possible?
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ndsustudent89 View Post
    I have a Droid 2 as well, while it loads just fine, I find it annoying to have to zoom in all the time to see each individual post, etc.

What I would love to see done with bisonville is to have a mobile app made for the site. It wouldn't be too hard with this v-bulletin add on - http://www.tapatalk.com/.

Once this is enabled on the site, people would have to download the app from their phone's respective app stores. The only problem is that this app costs money for us to download, but I would gladly download this just to have an easy way to access bisonville.

Would this be possible?
    It probably is possible but first I've got to update the board software.

Kind of coincidence but we were talking about developing mobile apps for our company last week. I freaking hate Apple so I'll never spend the hundreds of dollars they bend developers over for (moreover, Apple will never get a dime out of me if I can possibly prevent it - I'd rather swallow the dime - but if there was an Apple app that allowed people to access to Bisonville.com with a minimal amount of effort, I'd certainly make that effort.) Same deal with the 'Droid (except that I don't despise Google.)

Kind of off-topic but I was just testing this last week.

However, I think getting the board software work better in a browser is a better solution (i.e cheaper, more universal, and easier.) I'll have to see what the board upgrade does for that.

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It probably is possible but first I've got to update the board software.

Kind of coincidence but we were talking about developing mobile apps for our company last week. I freaking hate Apple so I'll never spend the hundreds of dollars they bend developers over for (moreover, Apple will never get a dime out of me if I can possibly prevent it - I'd rather swallow the dime - but if there was an Apple app that allowed people to access to Bisonville.com with a minimal amount of effort, I'd certainly make that effort.) Same deal with the 'Droid (except that I don't despise Google.)

Kind of off-topic but I was just testing this last week.

However, I think getting the board software work better in a browser is a better solution (i.e cheaper, more universal, and easier.) I'll have to see what the board upgrade does for that.
    I'm with you on the Apple part, I refuse to use their products or give them money.

Can't wait to see what can be done after the board upgrade.
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

If we are talking upgrade I think it would be nice if the board had some new features. Maybe a Lakes button that converts random post into CAPS LOCK!!!. Or anytime someone types UND it coverts the font to pink.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    If we are talking upgrade I think it would be nice if the board had some new features. Maybe a Lakes button that converts random post into CAPS LOCK!!!. Or anytime someone types UND it coverts the font to pink.
    How about a webcam so we can keep up to date with the happenings in Toronto?

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

The annoying thing I noticed on my droid is I have Bisonville set up as a shortcut on the home page but it always keeps the recent web pages open as a different windows after I hit exit. I don't sign out each time so when I go on Bisonville on another computer even though the phone doesn't have explorer up I am still "signed" in to Bisonville. Not Bisonvilles problem but it looks like I spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on here unless I go in and close all the windows and I am way to lazy to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The annoying thing I noticed on my droid is I have Bisonville set up as a shortcut on the home page but it always keeps the recent web pages open as a different windows after I hit exit. I don't sign out each time so when I go on Bisonville on another computer even though the phone doesn't have explorer up I am still "signed" in to Bisonville. Not Bisonvilles problem but it looks like I spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on here unless I go in and close all the windows and I am way to lazy to do that.
    same here which I'm fine with I guess. As long as Tony doesn't start charging us by the hour.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

My BB Bold runs BV just fine
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant