Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CrimsonTide fan has adopted the Bison as his "other" team

Default CrimsonTide fan has adopted the Bison as his "other" team

Had a friend just get back on trip to Fargo. brought back ndsu teeshirt for my 5 year old daughter so i decided to adopt NDSU as my other team to pull for. I, of course am an Alabama Crimson Tide fan.

Anyway, what's the story on next years Bison team?

Default Re: CrimsonTide fan has adopted the Bisons as his "other" team

welcome aboard..... dont let my name fool u i am a bison fan!
    TRUST THE PROCESS

can anyone give me the quick story on the bisons.
    what was your record last year. any championships? who is your greatest rival? what teams do you hate?

lots of div II champs last year was first year of fcs elgibility..... we hate sdsu and another northdakota school
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Well, quick breakdown from me, an unseasoned fan -

NDSU dominated DII from pretty much 1960 onward, and had eight DII national championships from then till 1990, which is when we won our last one. We made the switch to DI a few years back and this last season was our first year eligible for postseason play. After back-to-back 10-1 seasons, our record of 6-5 was a bit of a disappointment last season as we got hit hard with injuries and an uncertain quarterback.

We lost some very clutch players last season, mainly at the WR and SS positions as we had seven (or 8?) players get signed with NFL teams last season. Our #1 WR last year, Cole Heckendorf, was probably one of the top 3 receivers in NDSU history, and his loss will perhaps be felt.

As of right now, we're uncertain but confident in our chances. We have a lot of incoming strength and some surprising depth at the RB and LB positions, the latter of which we usually dominate in. Our first game is against Iowa St. this season, and we're looking forward to it as a very good early test of our "question mark" team.

Did I miss anything important, guys?

ADD:

Rival school is probably SDSU, our neighbor to the south. We made the jump to DI at the same time as they did and it's been a fun, if heated rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    what was your record last year. any championships? who is your greatest rival? what teams do you hate?
    Here's a YouTube site that might be worth a visit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CaBisonFan

8 national championships in DII...with tons of near misses...and a long, long history of winning. Many of those teams were DI caliber. Dominant doesn't quite describe it.

Had a down year last year. 10-1 in 2006 and 2007...with 3 wins against FBS teams.

There's a school to the north of us that we have no love for...but they decided not to play us anymore when we moved up.

Welcome. I've always been a fan of the Tide. They are my Southeastern team...by far. As a kid, I pretty much idolized the Bear. And even though the uniforms are very traditional and basic, they're one of my favorites. They haven't given up on their traditional look.

Oh yes...I hate Auburn. Rolllllllllllllllllllll Tide !!!!!

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Just Bison man not plural. Sorry it's just a pet peeve.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Default Re: CrimsonTide fan has adopted the Bison as his "other" team

awesome.
    well, with alabama the main rivalry is our instate rival auburn. we have many others such as university of tennessee. but as our saying goes "we hate auburn because we HAVE to, we hate tennessee because we CHOOSE to."
    There is not much love between us any any of our SEC opponents. LSU hates our guts as much as Tennessee does. Florida and Alabama are becoming rivals but there is a lot of respect between the two. Florida, of course won the BCS National Championship. You have to respect that. We had them in the SEC Championship game until the 4th quarter. We were so close to going to the National Championship game. When Tim Tebow took over the 4th quarter and beat us it absolutely deflated us. Most Bama fans didnt even care about the Sugar Bowl. Apparently many on the team felt the same way and just were not in the game with Utah.
    Anyway. Vegas gives us 15 to 1 odds on winning it all this year. Of course us delusional bama fans thing it is more like 2 to 1. LOL

wow. a crimson tide fan in North Dakota. cool.
    and wow, i had no idea about NDSU and their championship history. You're like the crimson tide of the North.

Hi Crimson Tide fan. I have never met such crazy fans. I have a friend's daughter who is a cheerleader for your team. They have now gone to 4 games and love all you crazies.

A little more about NDSU. Our team plays in the FargoDome(19k approx). We have a great record in the building, but most would love to bring some of the game outdoors where we use to play in some great weather conditions. If you come visit, we have great tailgating. We have one of the most loyal fanbase and we are a football town, even though we get excited about basketball last year. We have been selling out or coming close the last few years. We have a fairly friendly fanbase. I wish we had a lot of the crazies, but we need to change the attitude and mentality of some that don't mind having people yell and scream around them. We normally treat other fans with respect and like to share food beer etc before the games. The student section does get loud to the opposing teams and fills the section behind them in yellow. ND loves the outdoor and we are a state that loves hunting and fishing. We travel well. We brought 25k to Minneapolis and a good 5k to Wyoming. When we travel to SD State about half of them are Bison fans.

Question
    I think I heard that there are some pregame rituals that the fans, student or team does. Could you fill me in if this is your school.

Oh I hate our new rivals Northern Iowa--- probably the most arrogant school we play. Hearing their bullcrap and disrespect make me sick.

Come visit us anytime and good luck to the crimson. I'm a Nebraska fan and we love anyone who beats the Gators.