Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: red river valley fair is a joke.

Default red river valley fair is a joke.

who's ever idea was it to make the concert free, needs to be fired. or should've been fired last night.

nothing like waiting, 45 minutes just to get in last night-while they had 2 people working the gate admission booth. the line stretched from the fence west of bonanzaville all the way to main ave...plus im sure it curved.

beer tickets was again, 3 people trying to serve what it seemed like 3,000 people. another long ass line.

yay for 10 portapotties on the dirt. nothing like people who just walk right up and go without having to wait in line like the rest of us. i did make 10 dollars selling my spot in line though.

i think next year should go back to paying to get into the shows. that way you can actually get a decent line up of concerts with all the money youre pulling in this year(the grand stands were packed for zac brown band of all people).

don't know if itll be like this the rest of the week, but if so, dont arrive around 7:00. youll be stuck in line. and also, over purchase beer tickets.

Default Re: red river valley fair is a joke.

Concerts aren't free the rest of the week. And yes, over purchase tickets, but you might as well get all of the beer right away, no sense in waiting in any line. I showed up about 8-830 and walked right in, so that wasn't so bad. Got decent grandstand seats, then went on the dirt with a few songs left and was able to get within a few feet of the stage.

But yeah, not a good idea. Usually it's like 32 below for the free show, and that still draws a HUGE crowd. I personally thought since Green Day was playing at the FD, the crowd would be a lot smaller. At one point there was only one person serving beer at the bottle spot. That is unacceptable IMO.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I went to the concert last night I showed up at 7:30 and had to wait in line for about 20 mins. I think the fair is alot better than last year but it could still be better. Zac Brown Band was awesome last night however some of there solos got long. Oh well for 7 bucks its a hella good deal. You guys need to quite complaining. I didnt even get a beer last night because the line was so long...

Ever been to the MN State fair, talk about standing in line, although the deepfried snickers were worth it
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    I didnt even get a beer last night because the line was so long...
    Exactly. I probably missed half of the concert. Going in through the beer garden on the west side was the hidden secret. People had to wait in line 45mins-hour to get in to the beer serving area. I only waited like 10 for tickets and like 30 for beer.

Sorry, all I could think of when I saw the title of this thread was this :

(Of course, Flava Flav singing this)

Hit me
    Going going gone
    Now I went to the RRV fair a long time ago
    Don't you see how long the lines gettin'?
    They only take your tickets when they wanna
    But don't bring a flask or you'll be a goner
    They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway
    They're slow as hell and they can't be betrayed
    I know you stumble with no use people
    If your life depends on getting beer you're dead today
    Late comings with the late comin' ticket grabber
    That's a Wal-Mart greeter in disguise y'all betcha
    I call 'em ticket snatchers slow they come to fetch ya?
    Maybe before Christmas they'll have that beer for ya
    Can't find a pisser to go take a leak
    Not even a damn tree for the relief that I seek
    I can prove it to you watch the rotation
    It all adds up to a funky situation
    So get up get, get get down
    RRV fair is a joke in yo town
    Get up, get, get, get down
    RRV fair wears the long line crown

RRV fair is a joke
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

At least there is BIG-NAME concerts and classy women. 'drippin sarcasm big-time'

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do you really think that they can afford to bring in the big name acts. Come on gang. The fair board does not have a lot of money to work with. Most of these acts get paid regardless of whether they play or not. If it storms they collect their check and the band takes off. This has happened way to many times in the last few years with the fair being in early/mid June. Maybe with moving the fair to July things will be much better and in a couple of years they can afford to get bigger name bands. In the mean time be happy that it is still going on.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    Do you really think that they can afford to bring in the big name acts. Come on gang. The fair board does not have a lot of money to work with. Most of these acts get paid regardless of whether they play or not. If it storms they collect their check and the band takes off. This has happened way to many times in the last few years with the fair being in early/mid June. Maybe with moving the fair to July things will be much better and in a couple of years they can afford to get bigger name bands. In the mean time be happy that it is still going on.
    People complain about everything
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Trailer Choir was pretty sweet definitely wouldn't mind seeing them again!
    "We All From Africa"