Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Quahog, RI
    Posts
    11,848

    Default Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    I think these are well deserved and should be a little higher, congrats guys on the pay hike and the past seasons!!!!!

    http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/246979/
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    God's Country, Western NoDak
    Posts
    5,418

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Cool, but pathetic how much sports pays. My wife is a RRT, who works ER, Intubates, runs ventilators, basicly keeps people alive all for $17/hour. CE, CPR, ACLS, NALS, PALS, state license fees, national license fees, all the way down to bringing her own $125 stethoscope to work, Awesome. Some nights she's lucky to get a 15 minute lunch break in her 12 hour shift. I love sports, but this aspect has always gotten to me. When the disaster code was called last week in Dickinson we both were there, I'd bet the the local coaches were home. (end of rant)

    #5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,927

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Umm... How many "sports" jobs exist that actually pay that much...?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    18,010

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    Cool, but pathetic how much sports pays. My wife is a RRT, who works ER, Intubates, runs ventilators, basicly keeps people alive all for $17/hour. CE, CPR, ACLS, NALS, PALS, state license fees, national license fees, all the way down to bringing her own $125 stethoscope to work, Awesome. Some nights she's lucky to get a 15 minute lunch break in her 12 hour shift. I love sports, but this aspect has always gotten to me. When the disaster code was called last week in Dickinson we both were there, I'd bet the the local coaches were home. (end of rant)
    I see you are in the medical field. In what capacity???
    The only enemy of guns is rust and politicians.

    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    God's Country, Western NoDak
    Posts
    5,418

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    I am a Pharmacist, my wife is a registered respiratory therapist. It's all good, I was just saying that sometimes the sports salaries are laughable. We are good friends with some of the paramedics from Bismarck, they don't make much. That's all I'm saying. These are guys that scoop you off the pavement, bring you back to life, all for $14/hour.

    #5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    God's Country, Western NoDak
    Posts
    5,418

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    It's just society, what can I say, I'm probably the biggest sports fan on this board, but it still bothers me. A cardiovascular surgeon at St A's in Bismarck probably makes $400k, but yet Matt Cassel signs a $68 million contract. Something is wrong here.

    #5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    18,010

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by 4mcrue View Post
    I am a Pharmacist, my wife is a registered respiratory therapist. It's all good, I was just saying that sometimes the sports salaries are laughable. We are good friends with some of the paramedics from Bismarck, they don't make much. That's all I'm saying. These are guys that scoop you off the pavement, bring you back to life, all for $14/hour.
    I understand what you are saying and wasnt giving you a hard time. I am a retired X-ray tech and my wife is a BSN-RN assist super of ICU. I was just wondering what you did in the medical field.
    The only enemy of guns is rust and politicians.

    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Waiting for all you lamos at Hickory Park
    Posts
    8,178

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    supply and demand, 4mcrue.

    there is one matt cassel in the world, probably a few dozen who can play qb as well as he can.

    there are three-quarters of a million emts in the united states, a third of whom are willing to work for free.

    america is a free country when it comes to choosing ones profession, i've never understood why people complain about salaries. might as well be complaining about the weather.

    i agree that salaries for professional athletes and coaches are astronomical, but it's guys like you and me who spend $1,000/year+ on sports entertainment that make it possible.
    Last edited by NDB2; 07-20-2009 at 09:17 PM.


    Bisonville Q&A

    Question 497: Is UND the state's flagship university?

    Answer: No. They've always been a little dinghy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    18,010

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    supply and demand, 4mcrue.

    there is one matt cassel in the world, probably a few dozen who can play qb as well as he can.

    there are three-quarters of a million emts in the united states, a third of home are willing to work for free.

    america is a free country when it comes to choosing ones profession, i've never understood why people complain about salaries. might as well be complaining about the weather.

    i agree that salaries for professional athletes and coaches are astronomical, but it's guys like you and me who spend $1,000/year+ on sports entertainment that make it possible.
    Who has NFl Sunday Ticket??? The NFL thanks you. The players thank you. Who watches the NFL on reg tv stations???? The NFL thanks you. The players thank you.
    The only enemy of guns is rust and politicians.

    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: Coaches get pay raise at NDSU

    Here's the follow-up article that gives all the base salaries of NDSU, UND & MSUM coaches:

    Sorting through the salaries
    Graphic: Coaching Salaries


    I'm surprised at this part:
    While the $231,525 salary of UND hockey coach Dave Hakstol is the highest among all North Dakota college coaches, UND's salaries are currently lower than NDSU's. But newly-hired volleyball coach Ashley Hardee has a $75,000 salary -- nearly $2,000 more than the salary of NDSU's Erich Hinterstocker, who guided the Bison to the NCAA Tournament last year.

    “We’re expecting big things,” Faison said. “Volleyball is a sport we feel can be very strong for us regionally and nationally.”
    Either Faison is a genius, or he's the worst negotiator ever. Only time will tell on that one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •