Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Timberwolves Summer League Roster

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Timberwolves Summer League Roster

The Mpls Tribune today (7/20) I'm not going to intrepret what this means but it can't be all bad that they started Ben. Now this afternoon, they traded Sebastian Telfair away.

Goodbye Vegas, hello Espana

Posted on July 20th, 2009 – 2:40 AM
    By Jerry Zgoda The Wolves concluded their Las Vegas Summer League play Sunday with a 1-4 record after a 93-85 loss to Chicago in which Ben Woodside started at point guard while Jonny Flynn, who proved himself able to get to the rim and finish about anytime he wanted most of the week, came off the bench and had 7 points, 7 assists and 4 turnovers in 23 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    The Mpls Tribune today (7/20) I'm not going to intrepret what this means but it can't be all bad that they started Ben. Now this afternoon, they traded Sebastian Telfair away.

Goodbye Vegas, hello Espana

Posted on July 20th, 2009 – 2:40 AM
    By Jerry Zgoda The Wolves concluded their Las Vegas Summer League play Sunday with a 1-4 record after a 93-85 loss to Chicago in which Ben Woodside started at point guard while Jonny Flynn, who proved himself able to get to the rim and finish about anytime he wanted most of the week, came off the bench and had 7 points, 7 assists and 4 turnovers in 23 minutes.

Lol. That's because Ricky Rubio will be in Minnesota soon. From what i heard from a few is Woody needs to work on his defense a little. Don't shoot the messenger, just what i heard.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Lol. That's because Ricky Rubio will be in Minnesota soon. From what i heard from a few is Woody needs to work on his defense a little. Don't shoot the messenger, just what i heard.
    Doesn't everybody in the NBA*??

*Not very funny - I just like this emoticon.
    Last edited by Civil06; 07-21-2009 at 01:02 AM.

They just traded their only veteran PG in Sebastian Telfair. All the more likely Rubio will be coming next year

Quote Originally Posted by Civil06 View Post
    Doesn't everybody in the NBA*??

*Not very funny - I just like this emoticon.
    Fast guards, athletic forwards and huge centers usually make defenders look bad...

My 16 y/o son and I completely disagree on Rubio. He thinks he'll be an NBA great but I'm just not convinced.

who knows about rubio..... i am a huge woodside fan after the ride he took us on this year...... his defense is suspect.... even his coach chided him the night he broke the scoring record for having a steal in the game if i remember correctly
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Woodside is as good as Telfair. I am saying that seriously not just as a Bison fan.

Ben has switched sports and is now playing baseball. Well, at least he threw out the first pitch at the Redhawks game tuesday night. I think Siminic tried to sign him as he walked off the field.

533 In a row

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I completely agree with you that Ben is as good as Telfair. I also haven't seen enough out of Rubio to say that there is too much of a difference between Rubio and Woody, except Woody can score more consistently. I can't imagine that there is a huge difference in speed and quickness. The main difference between the 2 is 5 years and that's about all I see right now. Hopefully one of them can prove me wrong with the Wolves.