Thread: Gov School continues going strong

Default Gov School continues going strong

For those who don't know, NDSU hosts a 6-week program each summer for top ND HS students interested in science, math & business called Governor's School. It's been going strong for 20 years, and this year's group is on campus right now. The experience is probably what caused me to attend NDSU rather than UND(thank the gods), and it also probably helped get us Mike Chambers(president of Aldevron and NDSU Tech Park board member). I know there are a few other BV'ers who attended GS so why don't you give a quick shout-out(no name required) and the year you attended. I go all the way back to the 1993 science group(though I'm not the earliest alumnus on BV).

Summer school inspires high-achieving ND students to learn about life

Default Re: Gov School continues going strong

I had a bunch of friends go there but I kind of regret I never went.

BRING BACK SNORTY

Our lab mentored a number of GS students throughout the years. We had one while I was there who eventually ended up in the same lab, working toward the same degree I recieved.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope

Science...1991

My daughter in 2001. Clinical lab science degree in 2006. Works at Meritcare

Counselor 1999.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-15-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie