Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Outdoor Nationals & Juniors

Default USA Outdoor Nationals & Juniors

edit: I missed a whole bunch of NDSU athletes the first couple times. A complete list of Dakota entries is at the bottom.

Laura and Whitney are trying to make the US National Team this weekend in Eugene, Oregon. The members of this team will represent the USA in the World Championships held August 15-23 in Berlin.

On Thursday, Laura placed 10th in the prelims and qualified for the semis tonight. Her time of 2:04.68 was 0.29 sec off the heat leaders at 2:04.39 on a windy race day. Laura will compete in the semis at 7:55 CST tonight and again at 3:45 on Sunday if she qualifies.

Whitney Carlson is trying to make the team in the long jump. As there are no prelims or semis in that event, she will go straight to the finals at 2:30 on Sunday.

Laura Roesler will also be competing this weekend in the USA Juniors, which is held simultaneously. Her first round will be at 4:20 on Saturday, and her final will be at 6:15 on Sunday.

USA Track & Field website
    Combined Schedule & Results

TV Schedule:
    ESPN, June 26, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. CT
    ESPN, June 27, 7:30 - 8:30 p.m. CT
    NBC, June 28, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.CT

USA Outdoor Nationals:
    NDSU
    Laura Hermanson - 800m run - placed 10th in the prelims on Thursday - will compete in the semis tonight at 7:55(CT) - finals at 3:45 on Sunday
    Whitney Carlson - long jump - will compete Sunday at 2:30(no prelims or semis, just the final)
    Amanda Thieschafer(former Bison) - triple jump - will compete tonight at 6:50 in the finals

SDSU
    Ben Jasinski - triple jump - finished 17th yesterday evening in the finals - looks like he had some bad luck and fouled on his first and third attempts

USA Outdoor Juniors:
    NDSU
    Kristen Killoran - long jump & triple jump - will compete at 12:30 Saturday and 5:00 Sunday, respectively
    Travis Fitzke - 1500m run - will compete at 1:20 on Saturday with a possible final at 5:15 on Sunday

Fargo South HS
    Laura Roesler - 800m run - will compete at 4:20 on Saturday with a possible final at 6:15 on Sunday

West Fargo HS
    Ellie Grooters - 400m hurdles - will compete at 2:00 on Saturday with a possible final at 5:55 on Sunday
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 06-26-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Default Re: USA Outdoor Nationals & Juniors

I kinda thought Leslie Brost was competing this weekend too.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I kinda thought Leslie Brost was competing this weekend too.
    Nope. I searched both start lists for Brost and nothing came up. She also isn't in any of the GoBison press releases. And thank you very much for scaring me(I had to rewrite this thing about ten times this morning here and at SDSUFans because I kept missing people).

Leslie provisionally qualified at the B standard of 4.20 meters. Twenty-two women hit the A standard of 4.25 meters so Leslie didn't quite get in.

Laura ran a 2:02.44 in the semis.

Don't know the difference between the 'Q' and 'q', and really don't understand why her time is listed at 7, while there are slower times above her.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Laura ran a 2:02.44 in the semis.

Don't know the difference between the 'Q' and 'q', and really don't understand why her time is listed at 7, while there are slower times above her.
    I believe the top three in the heat get the big Q and then the next 2 fastest times get the q. Anyone with a Q or q make it to the final. Looks like to me Laura made the final but was in the faster heat because her time was much better than some of the Q times. So Laura finished 4th in her heat but qualified by time not by place.

Good luck to Laura in the finals!

Quote Originally Posted by tcbison View Post
    I believe the top three in the heat get the big Q and then the next 2 fastest times get the q. Anyone with a Q or q make it to the final. Looks like to me Laura made the final but was in the faster heat because her time was much better than some of the Q times. So Laura finished 4th in her heat but qualified by time not by place.

Good luck to Laura in the finals!
    You are correct. Think autobid vs. at-large; often several at-large selections are better than some of the autobids.

Still waiting on the women's triple jump results to see how former Bison Amanda Thieschafer performed.

Also, Bison assistant coach Rachel Longfors competed in the discus and finished 8th with a seasonal and US Championship personal best of 184-8.

Good luck Laura++++
    Proud sponsor of SAMBINIS ATHLETICS TFA and SAMBOS TRACK CLUB

Amanda Thieschafer 6th in Triple Jump-- congrats
    Rachel Longfors- 8th in discus- congrats

Kristen fouls on her first two tries and gets a 19-00.5 on her third. That puts her well down the list(leader at 20-02.25). The webcast is utterly worthless. They actually showed the ENTIRE jr men's 10km walk - all 50min of it.

Whoops, got to take a bit of that back. Kristen's distance was good enough for 8th and a place in the finals(about 10min from now). Webcast still sucks, though.
    Last edited by Hammersmith; 06-27-2009 at 06:18 PM.