Thread: So is NDSU now officially a softball school ;)

Default So is NDSU now officially a softball school ;)

I'm ecstatic and as proud as ever to be a Bison.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Default Re: So is NDSU now officially a softball school ;)

From GoBison.com:

"North Dakota State is expected to arrive at Old Hector Field in Fargo tonight between 9:30-10 p.m."

I hope Team Makers do a welcoming comittee like they have for the other teams even though it is so late. Sweet 16 baby!

A large sign at the OU softball field: "Home of the 2000 NCAA Champions". It's kind of ironic that is the same year that NDSU won the DII title.

533 In a row

This Division I thing is really exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    This Division I thing is really exciting.
    Couldn't agree more. I was excited when it was announced, but had my doubts about the teams getting this far. And it's happening so quickly.

It's about time that North Dakota State gets some time on ESPN and other national media outlets. We've had the programs for decades. Many of our teams were capable of this. Some of Amy Ruley's teams could have gone far. Some of our wrestling teams. Several football teams could have beaten big-name programs. Among others.

I think it was the 1986 team that the infamous 'Jimmy the Greek' said was the 10th best football team in the country...at any level. Could be wrong on the year. Now...I have absolutely no doubt that several of those teams would have done just fine in the big leagues. Add a little depth, and they would have been one of the good programs in the country. Add the DI exposure, and they would have drawn a few more blue-chip athletes, and who knows how far they could have gone.

Getting back to softball...this is really the biggest achievement up to this point. They're in the top 16 in true DI.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.