Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Christensen to NDSU !?!

Default Re: Jake Christensen to NDSU !?!

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Besides the obvious, I think Drew Peterson is. Or at least that is where he was arrested.
    Droopy (Drew P) is from Bolingbrook which is about 8 miles north of Lockport. Looks like they FINALLY has enough on him to get started on the come-uppens part of this saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces1180 View Post
    Jake Christensen would be a good get for the Bison and is a legend in the MIAC...He even has a football field named after him at Concordia.

..........Oh, wrong guy.
    And his brother had a nice little choir there too.

Wonder if the kid sings.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    And his brother had a nice little choir there too.

Wonder if the kid sings.
    Hey CA thanks for the Hamburger refrence man!!

Quote Originally Posted by rutlandbison View Post
    Hey CA thanks for the Hamburger refrence man!!
    Hey...no problem. Rutland is famous for its burger! It's kind of like the Field of Dreams in Iowa.

"People will come Ray...they'll come to Rutland...for it is ketchup & cheese that they lack...oh yes Ray, people will come."

Hamburgerless Joe Jackson

For anyone who may wonder where Rutland is...it's just west of Cayuga.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Gotta go to the Lariat Bar in Rutland at least once every year.

Quote Originally Posted by gc74 View Post
    Gotta go to the Lariat Bar in Rutland at least once every year.
    O man somebody else who knows Rutland. There rippin that old one down and building a new one. i think it's a big mistake. You can't replace an old bar like that.

Quote Originally Posted by m_olslund View Post
    I understand that NDSU has been in need of some competition at quarterback since last season ended and only within the last couple months has the situation become dire with the off-the-field trouble. So I did a little looking online at schools that brought in transfer quarterbacks over the off-season and found the names of a couple more who have stated they're transferring but to my knowledge have not signed any place. I'm trying to determine why NDSU has difficulty bring in some of these players despite the obvious need and the potential to possibly play immediately and adding in the great facilities NDSU has to offer, it seems like it would be a good choice for a decent player looking to transfer to a FCS school with the ability to see the field. Please feel free to add to the list:

Delaware – Pat Delvin, Penn State

Eastern Kentucky – Chasen Stangel, Arizona State

Indiana State - Chris Stutzriem, Wyoming

Sam Houston State – Blake Joseph, Houston

SDSU – Lee Mondol , Preferred walk-on at Michigan and has spent past two years at a Ventura College (junior college)

Southern Utah – Chad Cooper, Oregon &
    Kyle Bowen, Utah

Other Quarterbacks currently on FBS Schools who have said they are transferring:

Tyler Wolfe, Louisville (Said to be interested in Northwestern State, Southeastern Louisiana, Sam Houston State, McNeese State and Texas State)
    Jake Christensen, Iowa (Eastern Illinois seems to be the front runner)
    Nate Tice, Central Florida (Rumors that he is going to Montana or SDSU)
    After reading your post I can't arrive at any other conclusion but current NDSU coaches S-U-C-K at recruiting QB's. That goes for Bohl and any assistant that he has appointed for the search process. The lack of annual signings and the lack of seeing a winner on the field that Bohl recruited is extremely disappointing. The local sports guys should be questioning Bohl on this matter every day, but so far the media coverage for football continues to be DII. I feel sorry for the rest of the team with many areas that excel, some postions with room for improvement, but just plain failure at QB. Doesn't put NDSU in a very good position to be a playoff contender. Hell, even mediocre SDSU is kicking Bison butt with their QB recruits.......what do they have now, something like 5 potential QB starters?
    And all the koolaid guys........keep it to yourself. Don't want to hear your whining about we should just back the one QB and in Bohl we trust. Every organization that does well is under criticism and strives to make improvements. In this case ignoring the issue does nothing to make NDSU football great again. Still don't understand what the problem is........do QB recruits not like Bohl or his assistants? Is Fargo really a worse place to be as compared to the craphole in Brookings?

The only certified great player in that list is Delvin, he will be a stud for UD, but as for others it will be the usual transfer crapshot. One thing people don't undestand is transfers have a relatively low rate of sucess. They rarely are the savior that they are made out to be.

I do hope we can land a transfer QB for the sake of depth, but I think we are better off if Bohl sticks to recruiting high school QBs. He has admitted that he hasn't a recruited enough QBs, that is probably one reason why the media has laid off of him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The only certified great player in that list is Delvin, he will be a stud for UD, but as for others it will be the usual transfer crapshot. One thing people don't undestand is transfers have a relatively low rate of sucess. They rarely are the savior that they are made out to be.

I do hope we can land a transfer QB for the sake of depth, but I think we are better off if Bohl sticks to recruiting high school QBs. He has admitted that he hasn't a recruited enough QBs, that is probably one reason why the media has laid off of him.
    Wouldn't take much of a transfer from a FBS school to beat out Mertens. If a kid can check down 2 or more receivers, throw the ball consistently to where the receiver has a chance to catch it, and make decisions to not throw in bad situations he would be way ahead of Mertens. Any transfer from FBS with good credentials would be a plus for NDSU at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    After reading your post I can't arrive at any other conclusion but current NDSU coaches S-U-C-K at recruiting QB's. That goes for Bohl and any assistant that he has appointed for the search process. The lack of annual signings and the lack of seeing a winner on the field that Bohl recruited is extremely disappointing. The local sports guys should be questioning Bohl on this matter every day, but so far the media coverage for football continues to be DII. I feel sorry for the rest of the team with many areas that excel, some postions with room for improvement, but just plain failure at QB. Doesn't put NDSU in a very good position to be a playoff contender. Hell, even mediocre SDSU is kicking Bison butt with their QB recruits.......what do they have now, something like 5 potential QB starters?
    And all the koolaid guys........keep it to yourself. Don't want to hear your whining about we should just back the one QB and in Bohl we trust. Every organization that does well is under criticism and strives to make improvements. In this case ignoring the issue does nothing to make NDSU football great again. Still don't understand what the problem is........do QB recruits not like Bohl or his assistants? Is Fargo really a worse place to be as compared to the craphole in Brookings?