Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ding-dong the Witch is Dead

duluthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Ding-dong the Witch is Dead

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    take slicks advice and drink some windsor cokes and you'll feel amazing
    Take enough and you won't know what to think anymore!
    North Dakota State Bison | 16 Time National Champions:
    1965, 1968, 1969, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019

Proud NDSU Alumnus | Class of 2011

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Summit League released a statement:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/118788

"Good for you, UND, we really don't care. You see, The Bison are playing this weekend."

The tin foil hat brigade at the SS will see this as more evidence that NDSU controls the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Summit League released a statement:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/118788

"Good for you, UND, we really don't care. You see, The Bison are playing this weekend."

The tin foil hat brigade at the SS will see this as more evidence that NDSU controls the Summit.

haha yeah this is too funny that he (summit commish) said this to und

“The decision by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education to address the NCAA settlement agreement regarding the University of North Dakota nickname and logo appears to be coming toward a resolution. This has been a long-standing issue between UND and the NCAA and it is hopeful that the two parties will work together to finalize this matter. It has not been, nor should it be, a Summit League issue to address or intervene in a solution that both UND and the NCAA agree upon.

“Our business and focus is providing opportunities for The Summit League’s student-athletes to compete at the highest level of intercollegiate competition, such as this weekend’s NCAA Softball Regional where North Dakota State University is representing The Summit League against nationally-ranked Oklahoma.”
    don't

Looks like the issue (and it's apparent resolution) is getting some national face time...on Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,520248,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by cvbison1 View Post
    haha yeah this is too funny that he (summit commish) said this to und

“The decision by the North Dakota State Board of Higher Education to address the NCAA settlement agreement regarding the University of North Dakota nickname and logo appears to be coming toward a resolution. This has been a long-standing issue between UND and the NCAA and it is hopeful that the two parties will work together to finalize this matter. It has not been, nor should it be, a Summit League issue to address or intervene in a solution that both UND and the NCAA agree upon.

“Our business and focus is providing opportunities for The Summit League’s student-athletes to compete at the highest level of intercollegiate competition, such as this weekend’s NCAA Softball Regional where North Dakota State University is representing The Summit League against nationally-ranked Oklahoma.”
    When I read that last part on the Heralds web page I actually laughed out loud. I couldn't believe he stuck that in there at the end. I am still chuckling and shaking my head.

BisBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbills View Post
    I think it would be very funny if they changed the name and still couldn't get into a conference. But that's just me.
    I don't think is just you, I was thinking the exact same thing.

It has not been, nor should it be, a Summit League issue to address or intervene in a solution that both UND and the NCAA agree upon. -Douple

What a ridiculous thing to include in his statement. He makes it sound like UND is on par with the NCAA iin terms of who is wielding the sword in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    It has not been, nor should it be, a Summit League issue to address or intervene in a solution that both UND and the NCAA agree upon. -Douple

What a ridiculous thing to include in his statement. He makes it sound like UND is on par with the NCAA iin terms of who is wielding the sword in this matter.
    I think what he did was extricate the Summit League from the criticism it was receiving for supposedly trying to force UND to drop the nickname.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

i like when they (the losers over at SS) think they can just go straight to the bcs and get into a big time conference. keeeeeeeeeeep dreaming. better luck going back to d2 where they were relevant than trying to pretend theyre big time.

Part of me loves that this is happening - I hate the Sioux as much as the next guy (with the exception of he who shall not be named).

The other part is pissed that this is happening - I don't care what people say, they will always be known to me as the Fighting Sioux.