Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Ding-dong the Witch is Dead

Default Re: Ding-dong the Witch is Dead

I thought a flickertail was a prairie dog?

My mother in law's maiden name was Ficker. My father in law calls her family the Fickertails. Always found that funny.

How about dual nicknames:

Men's Teams- Flickertails

Womens Teams- Splittails

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    That would be too confusing. Basically two types of Gophers in the WCHA? Flickertails are Richardson's Ground Squirrels. Many people call them Gophers. Actually Gophers is a name usually reserved for "pocket gophers" (Family Geomyidae) and not Ground Squirrels.

I'm not sure what "Goldy" Gopher is. That mascot looks more like a Flickertail than a Gopher.

It would be kind of fun to see the University of North Dakota "Gophers" play the Minnesota Gophers. Hmmmm....
    The UND Gophers against the Minnesota Gophers is very unlikely to happen. However, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in some place UND would be referred to as the team formerly known as the Fighting Sioux.

I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, and since I lack a sufficient motivation to look for myself, I'll bring it up.... Will und fans now chant "Sioux Suck"? What fun that would be!!

coldspot is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbills View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up, and since I lack a sufficient motivation to look for myself, I'll bring it up.... Will und fans now chant "Sioux Suck"? What fun that would be!!
    we've been telling them that for years.

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    we've been telling them that for years.
    Maybe now they'll listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Vote: 8-0.

The Name WILL BE dropped.

(maybe)
    The name never should have been taken away from The University,The State of North Dakota and most of the Native people. The name was a sense of pride for the Sioux people. Iike the Fighting Irish.
    UND's soul and identity has been stolen.

UND is no longer the school of choice for native kids but I haven't checked the numbers so there's that. Think I'm right though.
    Chapo mentions the Native Kids and NDSU programs occasionally. Rub a little salt in I suppose.

Here's a lot of salt new 5 million dollar Native American Center. In of course Gods choice.

It's hard to trust. Facts matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post
    The name never should have been taken away from The University,The State of North Dakota and most of the Native people. The name was a sense of pride for the Sioux people. Iike the Fighting Irish.

UND is no longer the school of choice for native kids but I haven't checked the numbers so there's that. Think I'm right though.
    Chapo mentions the Native Kids and NDSU programs occasionally. Rub a little salt in I suppose.

Here's a lot of salt new 5 million dollar Native American Center. In of course Gods choice.

If UND's soul was a nickname their athletics team had, then they deserved to lose it

Personally, name your teams whatever you want. I dont care what a school chooses. But the amount of salt coming out of UND's fans eyes for about a decade now is creepy.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    If UND's soul was a nickname their athletics team had, then they deserved to lose it

Personally, name your teams whatever you want. I dont care what a school chooses. But the amount of salt coming out of UND's fans eyes for about a decade now is creepy.
    Chooses. That's a good one

Tax Rates, Nicknames, Water Projects, Strip Clubs

All those decisions are made and have been made for decades in the coffee shops on Broadway.

Quote Originally Posted by PickedBess View Post

Yeah they coulda had like at least ONE tribe come out and support the nickname but they had zero that supported it when it mattered. Ding dong indeed.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved