Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Schultz and NDSU Radio Contract

Default Ed Schultz and NDSU Radio Contract

Ed Schultz eyes a return to the NDSU football booth
    By: Dave Roepke, INFORUM

Fargo’s foremost sportscaster turned pundit wants to return to the press box.

Ed Schultz, the liberal political talk-show host, is eyeing the job he held for 13 years before he made the jump from WDAY television to radio in 1996: calling North Dakota State University football games.

“Would I do the Bison? You’re damn right I would. Absolutely I would,” said Schultz on his nationally syndicated radio show on Wednesday, the day the show began airing live locally on KQLX 106.1 FM.

If he does mount a return to the Bison booth, it won’t happen immediately.

The lineup of football announcers – Scott Miller of WDAY 970 AM and former NDSU defensive lineman Phil Hansen – will not change in 2009-2010, said Jeremy Jorgenson, director of sales and broadcasting for the NDSU athletic department.

“We’re set in stone for next year,” said Jorgenson, who also reports from the sideline during Bison football broadcasts.

Schultz said Thursday he plans to back a bid for the rights to Bison broadcasts, a contract that’s long been held by WDAY and that expires after next year’s basketball season.

“Obviously, I’m thinking long-term. The Ed Schultz brand isn’t leaving Fargo,” he said.

Schultz said he could either make an offer through his broadcasting company or KQLX, an NDSU affiliate that airs Bison games, could join in the bidding.

“There’s a number of different ways we could go,” he said.

Jorgenson said negotiations for Bison broadcast rights.....For more click on link....http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Default Re: Ed Schultz and NDSU Radio Contract

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Ed Schultz, the liberal political talk-show host, is eyeing the job he held for 13 years before he made the jump from WDAY television to radio in 1996: calling North Dakota State University football games.

“Would I do the Bison? You’re damn right I would. Absolutely I would,” said Schultz on his nationally syndicated radio show on Wednesday, the day the show began airing live locally on KQLX 106.1 FM.

The lineup of football announcers – Scott Miller of WDAY 970 AM and former NDSU defensive lineman Phil Hansen – will not change in 2009-2010, said Jeremy Jorgenson, director of sales and broadcasting for the NDSU athletic department.

“We’re set in stone for next year,” said Jorgenson, who also reports from the sideline during Bison football broadcasts.

Schultz said Thursday he plans to back a bid for the rights to Bison broadcasts, a contract that’s long been held by WDAY and that expires after next year’s basketball season.

“Obviously, I’m thinking long-term. The Ed Schultz brand isn’t leaving Fargo,” he said.

Schultz said he could either make an offer through his broadcasting company or KQLX, an NDSU affiliate that airs Bison games, could join in the bidding.

Jorgenson said negotiations for Bison broadcast rights.....For more click on link....http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/
    Jeremy, There's an old sayin' about riding the horse that got you there....

If you do choose, to change, please remember to paint a target on the pressbox for the halftime bottle throwing contest.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

HELL YEAH BABY!!
    I love Scott Miller but Big Eddie is the MAN!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bring it on. Throw politics aside. He is a big voice. He was the voice of the Bison dynasty. He would actually PROMOTE the program.

I don't really like Ed's attitude on some things...but I like his courage. He's arrogant...but a winning program has some arrogance. Ed was a part of the dynasty.

Forget the beer incident. It was a meltdown. Big deal. I know about meltdowns.

He would raise the profile both in the FM area...and in the region.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Bring it on. Throw politics aside. He is a big voice. He was the voice of the Bison dynasty. He would actually PROMOTE the program.

I don't really like Ed's attitude on some things...but I like his courage. He's arrogant...but a winning program has some arrogance. Ed was a part of the dynasty.

Forget the beer incident. It was a meltdown. Big deal. I know about meltdowns.

He would raise the profile both in the FM area...and in the region.
    Sorry CA. I had the opportunity to play in the FM City FB League against him (before he made it to the big time). Lets just say that I have not been a big Eddie fan since. It especially pains me to think about him represent NDSU.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

i can only imagine some of the signs in the student section...

people should throw things at this arrogant prick..... I remember a huge summer storm about 10 years ago.... I was at the lake so was listening to updates by ed.... the first thing he had to check out on the air was his airplane... how pompus can we get?
    TRUST THE PROCESS

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've never followed Eddie much, but comments like this make it sound like he's pretty much just concerned about himself.