Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Wolters verbals to SDSU

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Nate Wolters verbals to SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    someone should tell the kid that Brookings is a womens basketball town!!!
    Well, see, SDSU, unlike NDSU, plays Saturday doubleheaders. Which makes Brookings a basketball town, period, not a women's basketball town or a men's basketball town.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Behind Callahan the Jacks have JR Dale Moss (6ppg, might start over Sargent next year)
    Sargent will start as long as he is in a Jacks uniform (or unless he is hurt/coming off an injury), for if Moss is playing well enough to warrant starting, he'll be at the 3 and Sargent will be at the 1.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I just hope his Dad is happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO JACKS
    Burgundy! your inbox is full
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Wolters is an excellent player and would have been great as a bison. The fact that he siged down south doesn't change that. Over the next few years we will lament the fact that he is not a bison.

He had the ball in his hands at SC Tech out of necessity. He moves well without the ball and will be used primarily as a 2 guard. He scores well at the hoop and will challenge bigger players. I agree, he probably was interested in NDSU early on and miffed that he was not offered. When you call him after the state tournament and say, OH I guess we are interested, it probably doesn't go over well.
    He won't play much of the 2 guard at SDSU, he is brought in as the point guard.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=3730430

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Looks like he can start right away, Palarca is very marginal, I wouldn't even take Palarca over Vaughan. I still think NDSU backing off was a part of this, SDSU never really pulled back, he kind of pulled back from them(which is still the part I don't get about this whole thing).
    It's hard to say that SDSU never really pulled back, as it seems both SDSU and Nate broke off communication for about 4 months. Neither were contacting each other according to this:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

To me the situation went down like this. It seems like SDSU wanted Nate to commit early last fall, he and his family liked SDSU, the staff, and the offer, but had reservations at that time (most likely related to the job security of the SDSU staff). SDSU continued to push for a commitment probably assuming that if they didn't sign him early they wouldn't have a chance later as he was going to blow up during his senior season (which almost happened>>>see Colorado St). The pressure turned Nate off and they ended the recruitment. SDSU has a decent season, lands a couple of big recruits, brings back all their talent, and the questions around the staff being dismissed are ended. SDSU jumps back in and Nate sees a school that has been on high on him from the beginning (SDSU had offers to both Nate and Felt at the same time last summer), a more positive situation in Brookings, and an opportunity to join a program on the mend. Hopefully it will work out for both parties.

Some articles from the St Cloud Times that provide more background on the Recruiting and Decision process of Nate Wolters:

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090...NTPAGECAROUSEL

http://www.sctimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll...fe.sctimes.com

Who cares!!! enuff about bunny womens bball
    TRUST THE PROCESS

"Point guard is the position I'm most comfortable with," Wolters said. "Hopefully, I can see time right away. I know it will be tough to get time."
    If he wants to be a point guard and play right away he went to the right place.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If he wants to play right away he went to the right place, that team needs help on the road!
    Fixed it for ya
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by cvbison1 View Post
    this kid is WAY overrated anyways. little worm from sc tech
    Hey -- I'm from SC Tech! Just 'cause the kid doesn't pick NDSU he's a worm and now all of a sudden he's overrated??? Are you gonna take your toy and go home to play by yourself now? NDSU is a great school but it's not for everybody. He's a kid, give him a break. I guess he saw something about SDSU he liked better.
    "If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf." - Bob Hope