Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nate Wolters verbals to SDSU

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Nate Wolters verbals to SDSU

per MinnesotaPreps.com. Link is to a subscription site:
    http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=940947
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Default Re: Nate Wolters verbals to SDSU

this kid is WAY overrated anyways. little worm from sc tech
    don't

So the rabbits got the kid that didn't want to compete against NDSU's recruits, can't say that I blame him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So the rabbits got the kid that didn't want to compete against NDSU's recruits, can't say that I blame him.
    I'm ticked off about the way this situation went down, but I am skeptical that Wolters "didn't want to compete against NDSU's recruits." Wolters has done extremely well when matched up against Felt in AAU ball. I don't know too much about Zastrow, but from what I've read/heard I think Wolters may be more likely to contribute to his team early. It may be more likely that the player and/or his family were miffed that NDSU offered and signed those other guards before him. I suspect there were other factors that worked against NDSU, but I don't have enough info to say more here.

For whatever reason, NDSU lost a recruiting battle for a good player. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last. I think the coaching staff will bounce back and land the next big fish (Marshall Bjorklund?). The 2010 recruiting class will be extremely important for the program.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I'm ticked off about the way this situation went down, but I am skeptical that Wolters "didn't want to compete against NDSU's recruits." Wolters has done extremely well when matched up against Felt in AAU ball. I don't know too much about Zastrow, but from what I've read/heard I think Wolters may be more likely to contribute to his team early. It may be more likely that the player and/or his family were miffed that NDSU offered and signed those other guards before him. I suspect there were other factors that worked against NDSU, but I don't have enough info to say more here.

For whatever reason, NDSU lost a recruiting battle for a good player. It isn't the first time, and it won't be the last. I think the coaching staff will bounce back and land the next big fish (Marshall Bjorklund?). The 2010 recruiting class will be extremely important for the program.
    Isn't Wolters going to play the point? I think NDSU sees Felt as a sg, maybe kind of like Mike Nelson. From what I gather Zastrow and Lundberg will offer stiff competition at the point. Lundberg being a 3rd year player and Zastrow as one of the top recruits in Wisconsin. I know SDSU has Callahan but I'm not aware of much after him.

Here is a nice article on Zastrow..

http://m.htrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...emplate=wapart

yeah SDSU has that short mexi guy Michael Palarca, something like that, after Callahan... they've had PG problems for the last couple years... NDSU will have better competition and more depth at that position next year compared to SDSU... so that could be a factor in his decision

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Isn't Wolters going to play the point? I think NDSU sees Felt as a sg, maybe kind of like Mike Nelson. From what I gather Zastrow and Lundberg will offer stiff competition at the point. Lundberg being a 3rd year player and Zastrow as one of the top recruits in Wisconsin. I know SDSU has Callahan but I'm not aware of much after him.

Here is a nice article on Zastrow..

http://m.htrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...emplate=wapart
    Yes, I think you are correct about which positions these guys will play. Wolters has PG skills and he prefers that position, but he also has the size to play the 2 spot easily. I don't think Wolters was likely scared off by the prospect of competing with the two guards that NDSU had already signed in his class. Now, when you add Lundberg to the mix, the situation is a bit murkier. Lundberg is very likely to be a starter next year, and he will be only a sophomore.

SDSU has two pretty good guards coming back in Garrett Callahan and Clint Sargent. I wouldn't expect Wolters to beat out either of those guys next year, but Callahan will be a senior. The backup point guard last year, Michael Palarca, is a marginal player. So, at worst, I'd see Wolters as the #2 PG for the Jacks. Nagy often played 3 or 4 guards together in the second half of last season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Wolters on the court with Callahan and Sargent either.
    — John Wooden

yeah Wolters should play some 2 guard as well with his size

I will say the first comment was kind of in jest, I do like Wolters as a player, just had to throw a little jab towards the Jacks for nabbing a guy we wanted.

I do agree that SDSU is his best shot to get a lot of playing time right away, that probably had more to do with it then the competition here. NDSU pulling back on recruiting him after we signed Felt also probably didn't help.