Thread: Sam Houston travel plans

Default Sam Houston travel plans

Karma! I was hoping the Astros would be in town, but the schedule showed them to be in Milwaukee. With the change in date, things fell into place beautifully. The Astros will be at home against the Pirates on the 13th.

I did a little Expedia search for flights. For those interested, it is almost as cheap to fly out of Jamestown ($397) right now, as it is Minneapolis ($380). As long as GT has shut us out from going to California every year, I guess the Gulf of Mexico will have to do. I booked the flights for the family, and look forward to Bison football on Saturday and baseball on Sunday, which is the NFL's opening weekend. We should get to sit anywhere we want at Minute Maid Park for that game, as these two teams should be a combined 40 games out of first place by that time and the Texans will be playing the Jets at Reliant Stadium at the same time.

By the way, it will be MLB park #34 for me, which is fitting, considering it will be in the same city that my childhood hero starred in. Yes, the greatest #34 ever-- Earl Campbell.

The only thing that screw this up now is a damn hurricane. Let's keep our fingers crossed on that one.

P.S.: Anybody that knows me, please make no mention of this to my kid. It's going to be his surprise birthday gift. He turns 11 on the 12th.

Default Re: Sam Houston travel plans

Quote Originally Posted by BraxtonT View Post
    P.S.: Anybody that knows me, please make no mention of this to my kid. It's going to be his surprise birthday gift. He turns 11 on the 12th.
    What a great birthday gift for your son! See you in Texas!

Default Re: Sam Houston travel plans

Are YOOOOOU going to Texas?
    Are YOOOOOOU going to Texas???
    WE'RE ALL...
    GOING...
    TO TEXAS!!!*

*who's heard this one?