Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 MVFC Non-Conference Schedule Breakdown

Default Re: 2009 MVFC Non-Conference Schedule Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    In a few years there will be 14 teams in the CAA so there will be plenty of opportunities to schedule games.
    I hope so, I'm sooo looking forward to GSU coming up here next year!! and I would love to get into a couple home and homes with other SOCON, CAA! I just like to play them and see where we compare, they seem so athletic and quick on TV.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

IMHO, SDSU will win both the GaSouthern, and Cal Poly games this year. Likewise, I see Jacks at either 7-1, or 6-2 in the conference.

Given how the SDSU/NDSU games have gone, IMHO, Jacks are returning more talent than the Bison, so should be favored at CAS.

bisonhusker is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope SDSU is great this year. I would love it if they could fill their side of the stadium at "CAS." If it isn't some form of a hunting opener, that should help.

Sounds like coach Stig has an issue with NDSU "buying wins" or at least one of their posters said he did.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like coach Stig has an issue with NDSU "buying wins" or at least one of their posters said he did.
    Well, frankly, in FCS, you're danged if you do and danged if you don't.

Besides, while SDSU had enough wins for a playoff berth, and one more win would've gotten them in, they wouldn't've been a fundamentally different squad with the extra win.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The goal is to make the playoffs. Period. And you need 8 DI wins to do it coming from the MVC.

I have no problem with scheduling a "gimme" at home each year, especially when playing a FBS road game that same season. You don't get "feel good" or "at least we scheduled the best teams" points for playing a murder schedule and not making the playoffs. Stig is just chapped because SDSU can't afford to buy home games like NDSU, Montana, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonhusker View Post
    I hope SDSU is great this year. I would love it if they could fill their side of the stadium at "CAS." If it isn't some form of a hunting opener, that should help.
    SDSU will have a tough time filling their side of the stadium for the NDSU game this year since it is on pheasant opener. If NDSU only has one loss going into this game there might be 7000 Bison fans and only 5000 SDSU fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    SDSU will have a tough time filling their side of the stadium for the NDSU game this year since it is on pheasant opener. If NDSU only has one loss going into this game there might be 7000 Bison fans and only 5000 SDSU fans.
    You put the smiley in, but actually you might be right! Pheasant opener is notoriously bad. It sickens me, but that is how it works I guess. Maybe because its the Dakota Marker game some of those hunters will get on the road after they kill their pheasants and get to CAS. It is a 6PM start. I will be there for my first Dakota Marker game since 2006, so I am excited.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Scrupulous hunters should bag their limit by about 9:00 AM if not sooner, judging by how many pheasants I saw last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Scrupulous hunters should bag their limit by about 9:00 AM if not sooner, judging by how many pheasants I saw last weekend.
    Too bad opening day hunting starts at noon. Maybe they can be done by 1PM and be to the Backyard by 2PM when it opens then.